Advice needed on smart car problem

No actually i thought id do what you clearly have been doing and researched it on google as i thought itd be interesting to find pointless links just to try and support a point of view.

Where is your link then? I know the answer to the forces question because I have studied it and trained in several fields of motor vehicle engineering. I didn't google it.

Again your making assumptions i didnt say it refered to the force question i actually meant earlier in your posts where you put the links.

Listen away im bored with this now if you dont agree with me then thats fine but thats my opinion so im leavin it here now.

Where is your link then? I know the answer to the forces question because I have studied it and trained in several fields of motor vehicle engineering. I didn't google it.

Again your making assumptions i didnt say it refered to the force question i actually meant earlier in your posts where you put the links.

Listen away im bored with this now if you dont agree with me then thats fine but thats my opinion so im leavin it here now.

So you don't actually have a link?

Hi, can anyone help and advise.. been to view a smart car.. its a good price and just what i need for a run arround.. however, it has the ABS/TRC light flashing intermitently.. can anyone advise please?

SWIFTLY trying to bring this back on topic so hopefully the two posters continually bitching about the pros and cons of Euro NCAP will pipe down.

Ask the dealer to fix it before spending.

Or do a bit of research on the Smart car forums and see what the common problems may be, and use it to haggle a bargain price - taking into account the repair cost.

SWIFTLY trying to bring this back on topic so hopefully the two posters continually bitching about the pros and cons of Euro NCAP will pipe down.

Ask the dealer to fix it before spending.

Or do a bit of research on the Smart car forums and see what the common problems may be, and use it to haggle a bargain price - taking into account the repair cost.

It's from a dealer?

Thankyou for that :roll:/ ive purchased the car, im prepared to spend a bit on it and got a good price.

I had a smart car before, it never went wrong and i found it the most economical car i have ever had. Fun and quirky too. Ive never had an accident in 30 years of driving and in all honesty, weighing up the pro's and cons of one is furthest from my mind. ..... what willbe will be xx

Thankyou for that :roll:/ ive purchased the car, im prepared to spend a bit on it and got a good price.

I had a smart car before, it never went wrong and i found it the most economical car i have ever had. Fun and quirky too. Ive never had an accident in 30 years of driving and in all honesty, weighing up the pro's and cons of one is furthest from my mind. ..... what willbe will be xx

Was it from a dealer or private?

hi,

it was private..really wanted some idea on the fault and what it might be as i have no knowledge of these things what so ever. ive budgeted for a couple of hundred and fingers crossed that will cover it. Thats providing i can find a garage that doesnt charge merc prices. I know i have taken a risk ... but hey !:|

Have you looked on any Smart car forums to see if it's a common issue.

On Peugeots we have something similar and very common. It turns out that 9 times out of 10 its a dirt build up behind the sensor, and it's a simple case of taking off the back wheels, unscrewing the sensor from behind the hub and cleaning the dirt of the mounting plate.

Archived