Time wasters on forum

I waited in for someone to come for something on Thursday. No show.

Waited in for someone else to come for something yesterday. No show.

Why go to all the bother of haggling, exchanging phone numbers and arranging times etc if theyre not going to bother??

And why cant they at least have the manners to tell you they arent coming??? :rant::rant::rant:

Im afraid if you will have to be more patient than that in business! 4 days with no reply is nothing.

I saw a guy some weeks ago, said he wanted a webste quickly and after a short notice meeting I sent a quote. No reply. 2-3 week later I sent a follow up email. No reply. Yesterday, 2 eeks later out of the blue, he sends an email saying he's ready to go ahead, popped oer for an hour to discuss needs and sent email last nght confirming order.

Some folk may not come back or weeks or months, but yes true, some you may never hear from again but they tend to be less common. But it's part of running a business, not everyone does everything in the way you would do it, or when. I am used to this, and I tend to just let them know I am still here, always ready to get cracking when they are ready. 9 out of 10 wll always get in touch, even a year later!

Im afraid if you will have to be more patient than that in business! 4 days with no reply is nothing.

I saw a guy some weeks ago, said he wanted a webste quickly and after a short notice meeting I sent a quote. No reply. 2-3 week later I sent a follow up email. No reply. Yesterday, 2 eeks later out of the blue, he sends an email saying he's ready to go ahead, popped oer for an hour to discuss needs and sent email last nght confirming order.

Some folk may not come back or weeks or months, but yes true, some you may never hear from again but they tend to be less common. But it's part of running a business, not everyone does everything in the way you would do it, or when. I am used to this, and I tend to just let them know I am still here, always ready to get cracking when they are ready. 9 out of 10 wll always get in touch, even a year later!

Youre totally correct in what you say, but were talking about selling stuff on here, not running a business :)

If it is business then wanting something quickly doesn't mean this minute, starting a project within a fortnight is bloody quick. Try working with a big client, they'll say they're in a rush and then spend months in meetings trying to decide something totally irrelevant.

• 4 months later...

Iv incurred 2 today!...have something for sale,you private message them,...they reply..you ask for a number to arrange collection...and ...nothing??!!! Private message then again and still nothing!..yet you know they have been online but don't even have the decency to tell you it's sold or no longer avail?!!!! Gets me so mad!!

It happens on both sides of the coin, there has been times many and recently that I express interest in something they reply and say yes I can buy it then no further replies.

If you change your mind and don't want to sell to whoever then at least have the common decency to say so and not leave people hanging on :suspect:

Archived