I have no social life

If you need a confidence booster then why not ask for work experience? I wouldn't say boo to a goose at your age but as soon as I got a job my confidence soared, mainly because I worked in customer service. Add to that the friends you will meet who also work there, plus its something to put on a CV. They might even consider you for a paid job if one comes up. Plus you're more likely to get hired if you're already working, either paid or unpaid. It'll open up so many opportunities for you :)

If you need a confidence booster then why not ask for work experience? I wouldn't say boo to a goose at your age but as soon as I got a job my confidence soared, mainly because I worked in customer service. Add to that the friends you will meet who also work there, plus its something to put on a CV. They might even consider you for a paid job if one comes up. Plus you're more likely to get hired if you're already working, either paid or unpaid. It'll open up so many opportunities for you :)

Thanks this makes so much sense, i have been told by my family that i should just as for voluntarly work. The only thing i'm worried about it that if i do do the volanty work but they will think that they wont ever have to pay... I'll understand if they don't pay me for a few months but after a bit i'll wanna be paid and if they refuse to pay i'll feel a bit dumb and be back to nothing again :/

I go rejected at a call centre

I love my boyfriend

And i am thinking of doing the Air Cabin Crew course at City

But i've been told it really hard (and i don't know it i'm up for really hard work) I wanna do it so bad but if i start struggling i'll end up turning on myself...

But i just need a job or something but either no where is hiring or no where responds even after sending them over 25 emails for the job..

At 17 you think you LOVE your boyfriend. For your own sake get out of the house, do some volountery (spelling?) work even. We have one life - live it.

Angel.

Okay, i might not be true love but its still something (:

And i've never been able to spell that word :S

And i've been around most of Sheffield and even ask for temp, unpaid work (good save) just at the moment it a lost cause

My nephew is exactly the same. 18 years old, doesn't get out of bed until lunch because he spends all his time on the computer playing games and then is constantly on it all day.

He can't cook, can't iron, can't do anything for himself, he's like a 10 year old. He probably has loads of contacts on facebook, but they're not real friends. I bet he hasn't even met a single one of them.

When I was his age I was going out with my pals, meeting people, working, saving for a mortgage and having the time of my life.

The internet and computers have changed all this for young people. They are not developing the social skills they need to got on in life.

My nephew is supposed to be starting uni this year, he'll not last two minutes. I fear for him, I really do. He doesn't even know how to have a conversation.

I blame his parents, should have got a grip on it years ago instead of letting him do what he wants.

I can cook and do everything for myself i've been doing it since i was 13.

I'm wanting my own place and everything already, i wanna show my parents i can be independant. Just to do that, i need to be 18 and have a job...

I'm trying my hardest... and its just not paying off at the moment

I would try voluntary work, even if it's unpaid it will keep you busy and you will meet new people. Also, it looks good on your CV.

Have a look around on here, you might find something in the Interest Groups.

Good luck, I hope you feel happier soon :)

Archived