Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

desy

Millers was the department that used milling cutters to form features on the tools we were manufacturing. No metal was released into the atmosphere during this process. Your father inspected the tools after we had created the geometry so there was no metal chips or dust when he handled them.  I worked with him from around 1980 to 1991. He may have worked grinding machines before that period. Even so grinding machines tended to cause Silicosis when there was insufficient extraction on the machine.  I am sorry to hear he passed away. He was a nice guy. There a few stories I could tell about him but they are not really for this forum. Nothing bad I promise. 

He may have worked as a grinder before , I don't know, he definitely had pulmonary fibrosis.. I tried to join the Facebook group.,not been accepted yet .my name is Michelle Malseed ( nee Riley). Perhaps you would tell me some stories on Facebook privately?  Thank you for your replies so far,  ..