Reasonable time

Hey,

How long, in your opinion would be a reasonable time to wait to complain about an international delivery?

I ordered an item from a store in Califonia, paying for a priority delivery & tracking to the tune of $45 (more than the item cost but to get it in the UK it's more that the US & postage combined)

The item was collected by the postal service on 01/05 then took 2 days to travel less than 20 miles, arriving at LAX on 03/05. There it sat until 08/05 until it cleared customs.

The last tracking info I have is that it 'boarded' a plane yesterday (11/05) but as of yet no record of it actually landing.

Now if this was just a standard delivery then I'd be understanding that it may take a while to arrive, but I paid for a priority shipping, expecting that it'd be store to door in 5 days, I've had shipments from Hong Kong in less.

So what do you guys think?

Obviously I'm gonna wait till the item arrives before complaining so that it doesn't mysteriously disappear or 'accidentally' damaged.

Archived