If something is in a skip and you take it should that be against the law?

How do you know that the contents of the skip weren't going to another location to be used for something else, the skip merely being a transport vessel?

ok, fair do's, thats a possibillity too. :nod:

Im the opposite ............. i to put my rubbish in them when i see one , it saves me paying to hire one of my own .:thumbsup:

maybe the council should every so often provide a skip for our streets and let people get rid of all their so called 'rubbish' so if people like something in them they can also take that out, a sort of swop shop, that way everyone wins and council have less crap at the tips.

this used to happen in my city where i lived a couple of years ago. :thumbsup:

Whether they had a waste carriers licence or not they most likely knew that it is illegal to take stuff out of the skip, but dont give a rats a**e until they get caught then start with the sob stories!

edit.

Like another poster said again it then tars the legit traders with the same brush, I now look and see a scrap wagon and immediatly think they are up to no good!

maybe the council should every so often provide a skip for our streets and let people get rid of all their so called 'rubbish' so if people like something in them they can also take that out, a sort of swop shop, that way everyone wins and council have less crap at the tips.

this used to happen in my city where i lived a couple of years ago. :thumbsup:

They have done that already in most areas about once a year. They're Bring out your Rubbish days. Not sure though whether the present council still do it.

As for the op, they should have the book thrown at them. It should happen more often, hundreds of comments on threads on here about these thieves, praise for the feds for a change.

You should ask the skip company, not the person hiring the skip, if you want something out of a skip. It really depends on the contract between the hirer and the skip company. The same applies to dustbins.

I once asked a driver if I could have some wood out of his skip and he said "you can take the whole f****** lot for all I care!" When I hired a skip I was asked to put any scrap at the very bottom or leave it until the lorry turns up, as the driver said, "every little helps."

Some skips are enclosed, think two skips welded together one on top of the other, these can be padlocked. Using this type also prevents overloading and other people putting their rubbish in your skip, which in my book is theft too.

Some skips are enclosed, think two skips welded together one on top of the other, these can be padlocked. Using this type also prevents overloading and other people putting their rubbish in your skip, which in my book is theft too.

Not sure about that one.