If something is in a skip and you take it should that be against the law?

I think he might mean would it be an issue with the skip company if someone removed something that had no scrap value.

see my post with reference to the practice of some employers with regard to employees taking waste or materials that would otherwise go to waste ...

a lot of things have some value , scrap metal is just a particular issues due to the high value of relatively small quantities

the large packing crates referred to in my previous post were 'worthless' to thecompany because once the machinery was unpacked they had little or no use for it but it still has some value especially as the larger crates might be made from 2*2 in softwood planks and whole seats of reasonable quality ( but not pretty) 1/2in plywood

You have asked for opinions and its a resounding 'well done police' it seems. There seems to be zero sympathy for them and rightly so. Oh and by claiming they are being 'environmental' is a laugh, its a very poor justification for theft, if they were being environmental, why are they only picking up metal?

Please keep us upto date with their court case, sentencing etc.... We all need a little something to keep us smiling. :hihi:

see my post with reference to the practice of some employers with regard to employees taking waste or materials that would otherwise go to waste ...

a lot of things have some value , scrap metal is just a particular issues due to the high value of relatively small quantities

the large packing crates referred to in my previous post were 'worthless' to thecompany because once the machinery was unpacked they had little or no use for it but it still has some value especially as the larger crates might be made from 2*2 in softwood planks and whole seats of reasonable quality ( but not pretty) 1/2in plywood

Yep you're right, where there's muck there's brass.

You have asked for opinions and its a resounding 'well done police' it seems. There seems to be zero sympathy for them and rightly so. Oh and by claiming they are being 'environmental' is a laugh, its a very poor justification for theft, if they were being environmental, why are they only picking up metal?

Please keep us upto date with their court case, sentencing etc.... We all need a little something to keep us smiling. :hihi:

Not very often the police come out on top but scrappies and pikies are never likely to receive much in the way of sympathy.

My friends got arrested and their van seized by police because they took some scrap metal out of a skip ready to go.

The person who owns the skip wants to press charges I don't think this person should have a right to do that or do anything to get my friends into trouble because I say if its in a skip and its outside no one wants what's in it because its been chucked out.

People collect scrap for money and it helps the enviroment dole isn't enough or any other payments govourment are soo tight :P what's your opinion?

The person may have placed the items in the skip for storage.If a person collects crap while claiming this benefit this may in breach of regs.As has been said before there is more to this than you are saying.

My friends got arrested and their van seized by police because they took some scrap metal out of a skip ready to go.

The person who owns the skip wants to press charges I don't think this person should have a right to do that or do anything to get my friends into trouble because I say if its in a skip and its outside no one wants what's in it because its been chucked out.

People collect scrap for money and it helps the enviroment dole isn't enough or any other payments govourment are soo tight :P what's your opinion?

People like companies that provide skips, with all the relevant licences and permissions. So thieving doleys should keep their hands off, or get nicked. I hope your thieving chums get their vehicle crushed and a big fine.

My recent skip was filled 3 times by myself & then emptied again by scroungers taking what I was throwing out, I didn't mind too much after all it was stuff I didn't want but it was annoying that I had to keep refilling the skip with the stuff they didn't want & had just thrown on the floor

Knock on the door of an empty council house :'o and yes that is the story and what I meant is the person who hired the skip wanted to press charges

It doesn't matter, the skip is a container, if you take something out of it that isn't yours, it's theft.