Alternative to eBay?

I've had it with Ebay/Paypal's monopoly and shoddy treatment of sellers, as well as the rip-off "buyers" there, and am looking for somewhere else to buy & sell the occasional item.

Has anyone used another auction site which proved to be quite busy but reliable?

I'd like to know of a good one. Fuming today with a buyer (that has her own shop on ebay)

shes bought some jeans off me (brand new from next) and now claims the button wasnt attached. It was. the picture shows it was. really loathed to refund her, when I know Ive done nothing wrong.

ebay always sides with the buyer. Im actually tempted to buy one of her expensive makeup items shes selling and claim I havent received it..

Going right off ebay

I've had it with Ebay/Paypal's monopoly and shoddy treatment of sellers, as well as the rip-off "buyers" there, and am looking for somewhere else to buy & sell the occasional item.

Has anyone used another auction site which proved to be quite busy but reliable?

I'm newish to this forum so apologies if this is a naive question, but isn't selling on here a viable option?

I'm newish to this forum so apologies if this is a naive question, but isn't selling on here a viable option?

It is, but with sites such as ebay, the payment is secured with paypal/its generally cheap.

Plus theres so many time wasters on here. you try and sell something and get a dozen questions , then last minute they dont turn up to fetch it etc.

also auction sites go out to a wider group of people

Plus our classifieds are not intended for business users. They're meant just for people to sell a few personal items and we limit the number of ads that any user can have and have rules against duplicating ads and the like.

Archived