Alternative to eBay?

ebid could have been a viable auction site with its policy on fees ,sadly the people using it seem to suffer from a terrible greed condition and because they are not governed by fees to a certain extent post stupid prices which has the effect of cancelling out the auction principle,pity really because it seems Ebay is quickly becoming swamped with dealers and the auction side of it is being swallowed up by classified ads and dealer shops.

o/t but some woman bought my old blackberry on ebay, and 2 months later she files a case to say she hadn't received it.. and the money (£90) was put on hold. who the hell waits 2 months to complain about a lost item for £90 - and not even directly to me? luckily i maanaged to find a tracking number and sent it to the customer - the online proof of delivery clearly had the customers name on it!, but it took 2 weeks to convince eBay/Paypal to remove the payment hold. I can't fully blame eBay, but the customer though, what a thieving piece of s**t!

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, but Sheffield Forum doesn't support the auction format - you just state the price you want for the item.

Or you agree to an item and they come to pick it up. They then say they only had X on them and could they pay that instead of the agreed price. :rant:

Yeah I've used Gumtree plenty, it's ok but beware for any ex-ebayers, they are in cahoots with eBay according to something I read elsewhere.

Craigslist, who is owned by eBay, also owns GumTree

Archived