Alternative to eBay?

I won't sell anything on Ebay, it's a complete minefield and a flippin' pain. All the rules and regulations they have you need to be a solicitor to get your head around it all. Then there's the pain of packing it up and carting it down the post office and making sure it's a signed for delivery. Not to mention all the fees you get charged, by both Ebay and Paypal. What a liberty, being charged to have money go into your account, and should you want it back in your own account, having to wait ten days!!!

I never used to extract the money from paypal because it was such a pain. I always ended up using it to buy something else off ebay. So effectively I never actually saw any gains from it, apart from other goods that I'd bought. I only ever buy off there now, and that's only occasionally.

Things have change regarding paypal, i recieved a random payment of £40 into my bank account just before christmas, on looking into this, paypal refunded me £5 * 8 , which was the total amount of fees i had paid over a period of time, maybe since i opened my account, for the rapid bank transfer.

I never asked for my money back, it just happened and since then the rapid transfer option with £5 fee has disapeared and i no longer get charged and money is usually transfered within a couple or so hours. This is certainly the case on my account, not mistaken.

Things have change regarding paypal, i recieved a random payment of £40 into my bank account just before christmas, on looking into this, paypal refunded me £5 * 8 , which was the total amount of fees i had paid over a period of time, maybe since i opened my account, for the rapid bank transfer.

I never asked for my money back, it just happened and since then the rapid transfer option with £5 fee has disapeared and i no longer get charged and money is usually transfered within a couple or so hours. This is certainly the case on my account, not mistaken.

I didn't know a rapid transfer option existed, and I certainly wouldn't now or in the past pay a fiver for it. I presume they still charge you a percentage of any money being paid into your account? I expect someone will say otherwise, but I would have thought, it's the only bank on the planet to charge you for having money paid into your account!

I didn't know a rapid transfer option existed, and I certainly wouldn't now or in the past pay a fiver for it. I presume they still charge you a percentage of any money being paid into your account? I expect someone will say otherwise, but I would have thought, it's the only bank on the planet to charge you for having money paid into your account!

Sorry Pete, i must have misunderstood your origional post, yes paypal still charge a percentage of money paid into your paypal account, there used to be, in my case and i assume all cases, two options to withdraw money into your personal bank. 1. standard transfer which took 3 working days and was free, or , 2. Rapid transfer which took up to 24 hours, they used to charge a £5 fee for this option.

I must have used the pricey option 8 times, and of course it was always because i was skint and needed the cash asap

Sorry Pete, i must have misunderstood your origional post, yes paypal still charge a percentage of money paid into your paypal account, there used to be, in my case and i assume all cases, two options to withdraw money into your personal bank. 1. standard transfer which took 3 working days and was free, or , 2. Rapid transfer which took up to 24 hours, they used to charge a £5 fee for this option.

I must have used the pricey option 8 times, and of course it was always because i was skint and needed the cash asap

I wonder why they refunded it? Against the law perhaps?...it seems really odd that they should refund it for no apparent reason! Must have been something dodgy about the practise.

I wonder why they refunded it? Against the law perhaps?...it seems really odd that they should refund it for no apparent reason! Must have been something dodgy about the practise.

I have honestly no idea, i did not ask them directly for fear of it being a mistake, and could find no news or info on google at the time. I just enjoyed my bonus.

Archived