Does anybody change the name of the area that you live in?

Guest unners

I think the old Wednesday training ground was on what is now the council yard, which is off Olive Grove Road - and this road extends from almost the bottom of Myrtle Road to the Bus Depot and the junction with East Road. I think the tradition of calling parts of the area 'Olive Grove' comes from people linking a few streets together - I've heard people do it with Erskine Road too, and Madehurst View, even though both are in either Lowfield or Heeley - though according to redrobbo they are now in Lower Arbourthorne. :confused:

I was told some years ago that the whole 'triangle' of houses stretching up the hill, bounded by Heeley Bank Road, Olive Grove Road and Myrtle Road is technically Lowfield (as opposed to Highfield which is flat and at the bottom of the hill :confused: ) - though it is still also a part of Heeley....

The area is in the parish of Heeley, I know that much!

Originally posted by kentboy119

Cheers for clarifying that - :)

'Sam Miguel' used to describe himself as living in Upper Heeley.

I remember sending up to 'Sam' in the post - I think it was Myrtle Road - sounds like a major road, as it was a high number - S2 4?

I do believe he put in "Higher Heeley" to make it sound posh as a P*ss take from someone who said they were from "Higher stannington" and I believe there is no such area - officially. I think it is in one of his soapbox stories.

Originally posted by John

I do believe he put in "Higher Heeley" to make it sound posh as a P*ss take from someone who said they were from "Higher stannington" and I believe there is no such area - officially. I think it is in one of his soapbox stories.

Ah - Higher Heeley - I remember.

:P

My thanks to Captain_Scarlet, Plain Talker, kentboy119, artisan, Greybeard, nick2 and Mathom, for their contributions about the area where I live, be it called Lowfield, Lowfields, Heeley, Heeley Bank or Olive Grove!

However, I am now considering moving house to avoid all this confusion. Been thinking of moving to Ecclesall - but does anyone know if this area includes Ecclesall Road? :hihi:

Originally posted by redrobbo

My thanks to Captain_Scarlet, Plain Talker, kentboy119, artisan, Greybeard, nick2 and Mathom, for their contributions about the area where I live, be it called Lowfield, Lowfields, Heeley, Heeley Bank or Olive Grove!

However, I am now considering moving house to avoid all this confusion. Been thinking of moving to Ecclesall - but does anyone know if this area includes Ecclesall Road? :hihi:

Not fogetting Upper/Higher Heeley.

;)

I am not sure where I live! The estate agents details describe it as Grimesthorpe but i get post addressed as Brightside, Fir Vale and Taxi firms always ask if its in Wincobank. As far as I know Fir Vale starts somewhere down Upperwell Street and Winco Bank is after Jenkin Road??

Originally posted by redrobbo

It is strictly Ecclesall Road South, - or so we are led to believe :P

Archived