Does anybody change the name of the area that you live in?

Guest unners

Originally posted by Andy

Oh dear.

Ecclesall Road starts at Gilders - beyond that is Ecclesall Road South.

The top bit is Banner Cross, the middle bit is Hunters Bar :P

oh no Andy ;) I don't see where you reply contradicts mine other than you are innacurate. Ecclesall Road begins at Moor St roundabout and finishes at Gilders, the area to the south of the named road is Sharrow.

Originally posted by Captain_Scarlet

oh no Andy ;) I don't see where you reply contradicts mine other than you are innacurate. Ecclesall Road begins at Moor St roundabout and finishes at Gilders, the area to the south of the named road is Sharrow.

No it isn't. Sharrow is at the NORTH end of Ecclesall Road. Ecclesall Road runs away from town in a southerly direction (south-westerly, anyway), hence the road changes to Ecclesall Road SOUTH when you reach Gilders at the top of Banner Cross.

Thus, the southern part of Ecclesall Road is Banner Cross. The north of Ecclesall Road South is Gilders. The south of Ecclesall Road South is Parkhead.

Originally posted by redrobbo

My thanks to Captain_Scarlet, Plain Talker, kentboy119, artisan, Greybeard, nick2 and Mathom, for their contributions about the area where I live, be it called Lowfield, Lowfields, Heeley, Heeley Bank or Olive Grove!

However, I am now considering moving house to avoid all this confusion. Been thinking of moving to Ecclesall - but does anyone know if this area includes Ecclesall Road? :hihi:

Think you finally got a bite there redrebbo.

Originally posted by Longcol

Think you finally got a bite there redrebbo.

If you mean me, I was "biting" (correcting) CaptainScarlet, who seemed to have got himself all in a muddle and forgotten the directions on a compass.

Originally posted by t020

If you mean me, I was "biting" (correcting) CaptainScarlet, who seemed to have got himself all in a muddle and forgotten the directions on a compass.

Clearly my name is t020 ... south is pointing downwards on a map...

No it isn't. Sharrow is at the NORTH end of Ecclesall Road. Ecclesall Road runs away from town in a southerly direction (south-westerly, anyway), hence the road changes to Ecclesall Road SOUTH when you reach Gilders at the top of Banner Cross.

Thus, the southern part of Ecclesall Road is Banner Cross. The north of Ecclesall Road South is Gilders. The south of Ecclesall Road South is Parkhead.

once again, i must ask you if you actually live in Sheffield !

Ecclesall rd STARTS in town, agreed ?

it goes TOWARDS the south west, agreed ?

the built area with houses and people in those houses that live BELOW, SOUTH of the road live in Sharrow, on a map, underneath if you want. It's hard if you don't speak english, another copy paste of a map t020 ?

Further 'up' the road, as the house numbers increase, still heading south west the road changes name to Ecclesall Road South, agreed ?

Don't do a Strix, and read TO THE SOUTH of the road... Not towards the south end of the road, that is different, that'd be Dore, Whirlow and stuff.

And here is one of them links that for the second time this week proves you wrong:

Sharrow is the area to the south of ecclesall road wether t020 likes it or not

Get youssen together man !

Originally posted by Captain_Scarlet

Clearly my name is t020 ... south is pointing downwards on a map...once again, i must ask you if you actually live in Sheffield !

Ecclesall rd STARTS in town, agreed ?

it goes TOWARDS the south west, agreed ?

the built area with houses and people in those houses that live BELOW, SOUTH of the road live in Sharrow, on a map, underneath if you want. It's hard if you don't speak english, another copy paste of a map t020 ?

Further 'up' the road, as the house numbers increase, still heading south west the road changes name to Ecclesall Road South, agreed ?

Don't do a Strix, and read TO THE SOUTH of the road... Not towards the south end of the road, that is different, that'd be Dore, Whirlow and stuff.

And here is one of them links that for the second time this week proves you wrong:

Sharrow is the area to the south of ecclesall road wether t020 likes it or not

Get youssen together man !

I see what you mean - we were talking at cross-purposes. When I said Sharrow was at the North end of Ecclesall Road I meant its relative position along the road (i.e. the end nearest town), whereas you mean it's geographical position in relation to the road itself.

I see what you mean - we were talking at cross-purposes. When I said Sharrow was at the North end of Ecclesall Road I meant its relative position along the road (i.e. the end nearest town), whereas you mean it's geographical position in relation to the road itself.

Excellent ! Well I'm actually happy of the outcome ;) (i'm in a good mood coz i'm talking my gf on the phone). so if ever i did seem to be a bit abrupt then : sorry. I did indeed meanin absolute coordinates, south beeing 'true' south.

Back to the phone ;)

Greg

Archived