Does anybody change the name of the area that you live in?

Guest unners

Originally posted by Lancs_Lad

Despite there being a sign "Stannington" against the wall of the Sportsman PH at the top of Stannington Road, all the inhabitants from Malin Bridge up to the Deer Park estate class themselves as being from Stannington. They've even opened a shop and called it "Lower Stannington Community Shop"!

I've looked at all the local maps I can get my hands on and can't find "Lower Stannington" anywhere!!:suspect:

That's cos some bright spark decided last year that anything lower than the Sportsman isn't actually in Stannington, it's in "Upper Malin Bridge", um... WTF?! :loopy:

There was a big to do about it in the Star iirc.

Another one is my mates, who say they live in Swallownest, Sheffield when just before you get to there estate, there is a signpost saying 'Welcome to Rotherham' and then a few yards further up, just before the turnoff to their estate is a sign which says 'Aston-cum-Aughton welcomes careful drivers'!!!

Originally posted by garryh69

i live in wadsley and have found it easier to explain that i live in hillsborough / wisewood which are both inferior areas compared to where i live!!

hillsborough's inferior to anywhere on earth mate:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Originally posted by kirky

hillsborough's inferior to anywhere on earth mate:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Oh bog off you jobsworth.. Hillsborough's cool, sure there's nowhere to go when you need a pee in Hillsborough but other than that it's great.

Im not ashamed to tell people of where i live, i know alot of people might think that Parson cross is a Bad place to live etc etc, but to me its home and im proud of it and would never hide that fact! Take a look at this Picture, it shows Parson cross looking lovely....:D

http://www.screenact.act.gov.au/locations/gallery_images/mountains_large/Winter_Scene.jpg

honest its the cross in winter....

:D

A good layer of snow makes everyone’s garden look equally as neat and tidy.

:hihi:;)

Some of the so called youth of today...

http://www.messengermods.com/data/media/4/furburry.jpg

:D

Originally posted by angle20

Postal addresses do not always coincide with local authority boundaries, eg Swallownest, Aston and Aughton are in Rotherham borough but have a Sheffield postal address.

Dronfield has a Sheffield postal address too but it's certainly not in Sheffield.

Originally posted by littleboo

yes some of the locals refer to it as gleagless, they also put the kekkle on and light cangles.

Omigorsh! , That pronounciation really gets my goat!

no!! (she said emphatically!), it's Gleed-less, not Gleeegerluss.

and yes, you give the baby a bokkul of milk. (but don't put any SELT on it's chips!!!)

PT

Archived