People who put large rocks on grass verges

Is it illegal to do this? I have actually fallen over one of these today as the grass around it had partly covered it and grass was wet. Seems pretty selfish to put such obsticles on grass. Would or could do much damage to elderly and children.

Is it illegal to do this? I have actually fallen over one of these today as the grass around it had partly covered it and grass was wet. Seems pretty selfish to put such obsticles on grass. Would or could do much damage to elderly and children.

I'm fairly sure it's not illegal to do this but if someone sustained injuries in the circumstances you described, they might be able to make a civil claim against the person who put them there.

Its clear that people do it to deter drivers from parking on them, and ruining the grass. It is annoying, and horrible to look at when the grass verge is a quagmire. I suggest that it might help to look where you are walking in case there are some rocks there. Considerate people usually paint their rocks white (no pun intended) and it does make their community tidyer if the verges arent messed up.

I'm fairly sure it's not illegal to do this but if someone sustained injuries in the circumstances you described, they might be able to make a civil claim against the person who put them there.

That's the spirit. Where there's clumsiness, there's a claim.