People who put large rocks on grass verges

my neighbour has recently put bags of sand outside on the grass verge :loopy: he shouted recently he doesnt want the grass churning up ,what he doesnt realise is if cars park on the rd not on the vergs nothing can get through def not a fire engine or ambulance !!

is this allowed ,to force people to park in such a way it blocks the rd ??

my neighbour has recently put bags of sand outside on the grass verge :loopy: he shouted recently he doesnt want the grass churning up ,what he doesnt realise is if cars park on the rd not on the vergs nothing can get through def not a fire engine or ambulance !!

is this allowed ,to force people to park in such a way it blocks the rd ??

How can he "force" you to park there? Does he use a gun?

Ah the mark of the truly insecure, territorial little Englander. Wolves urinate and slight of build, pathetic and strange little men paint rocks white and then attempt to extend the boundaries of their properties by claiming the verge outside their houses.

Nothing says "Look at me! I've got issues with the size of my penis" like a white rock.

If people are nutty enough to put rocks out, fair enough, it's only as weird as people with gnome collections or topiary.

If others can't see, avoid, manoeuvre around or park next to stones(or painted white stones) then they ought not to be driving in the first place.

I always thought it was illegal to put big stones on the grass verge whether a privately owned house or council.

You are so wrong if any obstruction is within your boundries be it rocks, fence or posts providing you do not obstrut emergency veichels you are well within your rights and it is leagal to do so.

• 9 years later...
On 28/06/2012 at 14:39, sandie said:

You are so wrong if any obstruction is within your boundries be it rocks, fence or posts providing you do not obstrut emergency veichels you are well within your rights and it is leagal to do so.

Grass verges are not in your boundary, I always thought that they were the councils responsibility, and I an almost certain it can be classed as fly tipping if you put anything on the verge.