People who put large rocks on grass verges

Bless :lol:

My work here is done, I know alot of my posts go over some peoples heads.

You'd told me all I needed to know with the back-tracking in post #77 - but the added attempted insults were a bonus, you must be proud.

For the record, the thread isn't about protecting grass verges, it's about the morons who take it upon themselves to obstruct the public highway.

Hear hear beans.

People just need to do what I do now and remove the stones if in the way of doors. Let's just hope a fire engine doesn't need to get down as cars can't get out of the way due to obstructions on the highway.

Bless :lol:

My work here is done, I know alot of my posts go over some peoples heads.

You'd told me all I needed to know with the back-tracking in post #77 - but the added attempted insults were a bonus, you must be proud.

For the record, the thread isn't about protecting grass verges, it's about the morons who take it upon themselves to obstruct the public highway.

Actually it is - but Sheffield City council are making themselves look buffoons again. They are always bleating about the state of grass verges because numpties churn them up by parking on them but when somebody has a novel idea about stopping this, guess what? That's wrong as well. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I do beleive it is illegal to place large stones,wooden stakes own bollards etc on the council grass verge.If the highways get wind of this the resident at that property will receive a letter instructing them to remove the objects from the verge or the council will remove them and charge the resident for their time.The letter will come from the enforcement officer in the town hall.

Never mind the rocks and bollards littering the grass verges, what about the cars for sale, obviously a business, on the grass verges on Moss Way, Owlthorpe Greenway, Eckington Road. The council seem to do nothing about it?

Surely it entirely depends on who owns the verge? In my home village, there's a combination of chewed up verges, stones, fences and brick walls all along the edge of the road, as virtually (with the exception of a few newish houses) all the home owners own the land right up to the edge of the carriageway. If you're allowed to build a brick wall there, a few rocks must be permitted.

Actually it is - but Sheffield City council are making themselves look buffoons again. They are always bleating about the state of grass verges because numpties churn them up by parking on them but when somebody has a novel idea about stopping this, guess what? That's wrong as well. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not really. Bleating about the state of verges is totally separate to illegally putting boundaries on property you have no authority to do.

The council give no authority to churn up verges..as well as give no permission to turn a verge into a rockery.

I meant move the car a few inches forwards or backwards to avoid the rocks - not park it 18 inches from the kerb. That's not very responsible at all.

If it was a woman that had parked it is a safe bet that there will be at least 4th of room in front and behind the car. However, men are able to park in much smaller gaps and it is unlikely there'd be room to move forward or back to completely avoid the rocks. I guess it is the price we pay for having superior driving skills.:D

If it was a woman that had parked it is a safe bet that there will be at least 4th of room in front and behind the car. However, men are able to park in much smaller gaps and it is unlikely there'd be room to move forward or back to completely avoid the rocks. I guess it is the price we pay for having superior driving skills.:D

It was actually my wife parking at the time lol

The gaps between drives to get a car in we're a car length. If we had a smart car we'd had been able to move it up down in the space but we didn't have one that small.