A question about Pudsey the dog, winner of Britain's Got Talent.

Just to add, the human is usually the 'top-dog' in the dogs eyes, which means it lives to follow the humans instruction, whatever that may be. Reward based training may be used to start, but after they learn the command you usually stop the treat. And this is because by then the dog has learnt you're the boss, and its his job to do what you tell him. When he does, he's simply happy that you're happy :)

Why should dogs be bred to become dependent rather than being the wild running animals that they really are?
Shame we haven't figured out how to do the same with people ;)

Back to the OP - we took Brude to the wag and bone show where Mary Ray was doing a demo and selling a book or something, and our eager-to-learn hound muscled in on her act :rolleyes: Dogs enjoy the attention and interaction of training. It's cruel to deny them such a basic need

Much as I loved Pudsey and Ashleigh, what worries me is that there will now be a slew of people buying dogs for all the wrong reasons, and hoping to train them, only to abandon them (either physically or emotionally,) when they fail to perform.

Animals are grabbing the headlines in the U.K. at the moment. Recently a Penguin beat a human in an election and now a dog beats several of Britain 's best in a talent show.

I recently trained a hedgehog in my garden to do a sort of dance to Rhythm 'N Blues music. He [ or she ? ] can also do a simple form of juggling. I 'm sure with the present level of human talent in such rapid decline, most animals could outshine most modern

' comedians ' and pop ' singers '. I hope I 'm onto a winner anyway, with the hedgehog, and I 'm entering it for BGT asap.

In fact I 'm sure if we dressed primates up in modern gear and put them on in place of modern singers, no-one would notice the difference------well, perhaps an improvement ?

As a one off it was very entertaining and Pudsey seemed to enjoy the attention, BUT, I think to be doing that over and over (ie Arena(?)) I reckon it is too much. The dog was, I thought, tired when he had to do the final act after winning. I guess I don't really agree with it.

Archived