A question about Pudsey the dog, winner of Britain's Got Talent.

When I was young and my mum took us to Billy Smart's circus there were all sort of animals performing and one of the acts was a dog act. I think they were poodles and several of them danced and did various tricks.

Now all animal circus acts have been banned, surely the reason for this is applicable to all animal acts no matter where? I don't know for sure but I believe is should.

I don't understand how people can say it will get boring if done again and again....surely having something other than a singer/dancer is much better?

And in terms of a dogs mentally Bubble3082, is quite an outdates approach to claim that we need to be "top dog" and all that pack and dominance theory rubbish. Yes this stuff is there between dogs but not between dogs and people. As is proven dogs can surprisingly tell the difference between us and a fellow dog haha the reason they work for you is as they are domestic animals there to please their owners. And its more of a respect than them bowing down to you as your "top dog"

I don't understand how people can say it will get boring if done again and again....surely having something other than a singer/dancer is much better?

And in terms of a dogs mentally Bubble3082, is quite an outdates approach to claim that we need to be "top dog" and all that pack and dominance theory rubbish. Yes this stuff is there between dogs but not between dogs and people. As is proven dogs can surprisingly tell the difference between us and a fellow dog haha the reason they work for you is as they are domestic animals there to please their owners. And its more of a respect than them bowing down to you as your "top dog"

You don't have a beagle :rolleyes:... or a basset :D

You don't have a beagle :rolleyes:... or a basset :D

Haha worked on many though, very stubborn dogs, prey drive is crazy and most are very smell focus. Bassets much harder to train than beagles but the top dog theory still can be disproven :D

When I was young and my mum took us to Billy Smart's circus there were all sort of animals performing and one of the acts was a dog act. I think they were poodles and several of them danced and did various tricks.

Now all animal circus acts have been banned, surely the reason for this is applicable to all animal acts no matter where? I don't know for sure but I believe is should.

Oh yeah, animal acts in Circuses were banned following the Mary Chipperfield incident several years ago, look it up on Wikipedia, I can't recall the exact details.

Archived