Auto help or advice needed please

my mate's car wont fire up ... I reckon it's something to do with the immobiliser, although the central locking works with the fob and the alarm sets.. the ignition wont turn on?? The battery is fully charged ..what could be the prob, any ideas people ?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

gladly .. i trawled the rover forum and loads had the same problem with various "fixes" which i tried... none of them worked.

was it the f5 fuse under the bonnet or the 14 fuse in the interior box? No.. was it dirty or loose connectors on the starter or a dicky immobiliser ..did it need an EKA code...? No was the batteries in the remote runnin low or the main battery dead..? No

and of course, Steads at Ecclesfield wanted me to tow it in so they could charge me XYZ probably to recheck all the things i had ...

i phoned an auto electrician and he said water could be getting into the unit behind the glove box.. WHAT UNIT? so i looked and found it... and after securing two of the three connectors, the car fired up.

sorted..:thumbsup:

Archived