Will there be riots again this summer?

Will there be riots again this summer?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be riots again this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I agree here with you on this, last time a lot of people who took part did so just for fun, not really because of the gain from looting. The jail terms handed out just being seen in looted stores or stealing something as low cost as a pair of trainers should be enough to deter anyone with half a brain cell.

Heavy handedness from the Police and tough sentencing exclusively for brown people is what will provoke and contribute to riots in the first place.

If there are riots, I hope the police wade in mob handed this time, no quarter asked nor given. What happened last summer was a disgrace.

It depends on how you view it, eg some might say it was a revolution for disenfranchised black people demonstrating their entrepreneurial skills as learned from the banking elite.

There'll be one night of riots, after the Met kill another person in custody / shoot somebody.

The following night, the Met will be out in force, with teargas, water cannons and whatever new non-lethal weapons are currently in development. A few rioters will be killed, dozens injured.

The night after that, there will be protestors on the streets, but no rioting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143516/David-Camerons-100-parenting-class-Boots-vouchers-help-tackle-child-yobbery.html

Just call me Dave hopes to stop riots happening again by offering free vouchers for parenting classes available from Boots in all the BME areas affected.

I think this will fail, the governmewnt is just reinforcing again how out of touch they are with its people.

The good parents who's children probably wouldn't riot anyway will take up the offer, whilst those parents who don't give two hoots about their off spring who we would want in these classes will be down the pub.

What do you all think?

Well the £100 vouchers for parenting classes however well intentioned, will fail - it's like an elastoplast on the side of a sinking ship.

Though it's not as simple as rioters were the offspring of bad parents - some brilliant parents produce rotten offspring and conversely some great people have dreadful childhoods.

Well the £100 vouchers for parenting classes however well intentioned, will fail - it's like an elastoplast on the side of a sinking ship.

Though it's not as simple as rioters were the offspring of bad parents - some brilliant parents produce rotten offspring and conversely some great people have dreadful childhoods.

I agree, but the ratio is disproportionately higher in certain districts where bad parenting is more of the norm instead of the exception, and these tend to produce more delinquent off spring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143516/David-Camerons-100-parenting-class-Boots-vouchers-help-tackle-child-yobbery.html

Just call me Dave hopes to stop riots happening again by offering free vouchers for parenting classes available from Boots in all the BME areas affected.

I think this will fail, the governmewnt is just reinforcing again how out of touch they are with its people.

The good parents who's children probably wouldn't riot anyway will take up the offer, whilst those parents who don't give two hoots about their off spring who we would want in these classes will be down the pub.

What do you all think?

I agree. Anyway, where's the corelation between poor parenting and rioting?

As for the idea of vouchers for parenting classes, not a hope in hell of it working. You can't change a culture that's taken 30 years to ferment by issuing a few vouchers.

There's plenty of parenting books that could tell them all they need to know, but they won't read those either.

You bet your bottom dollar there will be rioting.

Police shipped into London for the Olympics leaves other areas less protected and it wont take 'Rentamob' long to suss this out. The local elections showed 'Smarmy Dave and The Posh Boys' what people thought of them in general so as soon as the nights warm up a bit we can expect it all to kick off again.

Plus we will have all the worlds media 'in town' for the Olympic coverage and all the masked hooded rioters love a bit of media coverage. Never mind, the missile installations can be deployed and the Navy could always shell complete areas using the warship anchored on the Thames.

Do you reckon Cruise missiles will reach as far as the North West ?? :rolleyes:

When people get 'hacked off' they riot. Just ask Maggie Thatcher, she'll tell you all about it.....

Archived