Will there be riots again this summer?

Will there be riots again this summer?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be riots again this summer?

• Yes
    • No

You bet your bottom dollar there will be rioting.

Police shipped into London for the Olympics leaves other areas less protected and it wont take 'Rentamob' long to suss this out. The local elections showed 'Smarmy Dave and The Posh Boys' what people thought of them in general so as soon as the nights warm up a bit we can expect it all to kick off again.

Plus we will have all the worlds media 'in town' for the Olympic coverage and all the masked hooded rioters love a bit of media coverage. Never mind, the missile installations can be deployed and the Navy could always shell complete areas using the warship anchored on the Thames.

Do you reckon Cruise missiles will reach as far as the North West ?? :rolleyes:

When people get 'hacked off' they riot. Just ask Maggie Thatcher, she'll tell you all about it.....

I reckon people will have every reason to get 'hacked off.'

And when they see the amount of money that's been wasted on the Olympics and the Silver Jubilee it ain't gonna help one bit...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143516/David-Camerons-100-parenting-class-Boots-vouchers-help-tackle-child-yobbery.html

Just call me Dave hopes to stop riots happening again by offering free vouchers for parenting classes available from Boots in all the BME areas affected.

I think this will fail, the governmewnt is just reinforcing again how out of touch they are with its people.

The good parents who's children probably wouldn't riot anyway will take up the offer, whilst those parents who don't give two hoots about their off spring who we would want in these classes will be down the pub.

What do you all think?

I wonder why you've mentioned BME Green Web?? I searched the article and can't fing any references to Asians and the only Black that is mentioned is 'Octavia Black', Mr Cameron's friend and former adviser.

Are BME special to your heart Green Web? You do seem fond of mentioning them.

I reckon people will have every reason to get 'hacked off.'

And when they see the amount of money that's been wasted on the Olympics and the Silver Jubilee it ain't gonna help one bit...

I thought all the rioters got banged up with (in some peoples view) overlong sentences. The worst offenders and therefore probable ringleaders will be doing porrige come the running and jumping jamboree.

No riots.

I was in London last year when the riots were taking place (wasn't me!). The damage done to a row of shop windows near where I was staying, was senseless and totally unproductive. When I walked around the area the day after the riots, there were dozens of young volunteers with rubbish bags & brooms cleaning up the rioters' mess.

The sight of these wonderful young people quietly going about the business of cleaning up, and there were hundreds of them around London, make me believe that they gave the rioters a wake up call by showing them that there are better ways of getting your point across.

I am sure that their message was more powerful than the ones given by the police and politicians, and will possibly diminish the chance of it happening again this year.

I might be an oldie, but I have a lot of time for young people, please give them a break.

Millsie

I wonder why you've mentioned BME Green Web?? I searched the article and can't fing any references to Asians and the only Black that is mentioned is 'Octavia Black', Mr Cameron's friend and former adviser.

Are BME special to your heart Green Web? You do seem fond of mentioning them.

You are the only person on here who thinks that being a BME is the main issue.

You are the only person on here who thinks that being a BME is the main issue.

No, you mentioned it in your opening post and didn't qualify it, neither does the article that you linked, that's why I was curious as to why you brought it up.

• 1 month later...
No, you mentioned it in your opening post and didn't qualify it, neither does the article that you linked, that's why I was curious as to why you brought it up.

No you are the only person who is deliberately trying to turn this thread into a race issue, nobody else is bothered.

Archived