Will there be riots again this summer?

Will there be riots again this summer?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be riots again this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I am not pushy, and I am certainly not vocal. I don't riot. I don't demonstrate. I abide by democracy. The best thing that happened to my family when I was growing up was the poll tax, for example. What did we do when it reverted back? Accept it.

It's not pushing people around. It is making necessary changes. How on earth can we moan about the situation, yet, when we try to change it, it's the same people who moan that they are being pushed around. What on earth is the comment 'people like you' supposed to mean? You don't know the first thing about me, my situation or who I am and what I have. I give and give and give, in my life....to people I don't even know. I don't punish people. I, myself, also manage with so very little, you have no idea.

Democracy is just that. People vote. The winner wins. Why is it acceptable for a backlash? Did the people who did not vote for the last government backlash against their reforms? No?

Too many people just want to be looked after, in this country.

On to the point of parenting, though. How, when we all know so many people require major parenting, can we moan about them, if we don't actually offer any parenting classes? Be they attended or not.

Or so you say ... and it is pushing people around, as everyone knows. Why don't you want to admit it? Economists have said time and time again that these cuts are not necessary and we have a vindictive government which are trying to use the global collapse of a 2008 as an excuse to try and push through these cuts.

Or so you say ... and it is pushing people around, as everyone knows. Why don't you want to admit it? Economists have said time and time again that these cuts are not necessary and we have a vindictive government which are trying to use the global collapse of a 2008 as an excuse to try and push through these cuts.

I worry that when people see the amount of money that's been spent on the games, it will spark off an awful lot of ill feeling.

When you say Economists I think you mean "left wing pressure groups", thouhg judging by your posts you probably can't tell the difference.

There isn't going to be much rain to dampen the anger going on the amount we have already had.

Them riots are coming!

The government would be better off investing in cloud seeding rockets to control the weather than water cannon, taser and jail space.

They could prevent the need to invest in weather changing weapons by building affordable housing and letting poor people grow their own food. But they don't.

Young people have nothing to lose, no jobs, no housing, no stake in society. They do not have access to land.

Land owning groups which exercise monopoly over the proles should think ahead and start gifting land to the proles. We can avoid the troubles and have a peaceful productive society.

A young lad sleeping in a box on the concrete, continually being moved on by public servants does not an economy make.

Give him access to land so that he can build an house, grow some food, build a factory and work for the greater good and you will have a very nice society in which to live.

When you say Economists I think you mean "left wing pressure groups", thouhg judging by your posts you probably can't tell the difference.

Distinguished economists and commentators, including David Blanchflower, Martin Wolf, Jospeh Stiglitz, Paul Krugman and William Keegan, have all pointed out that Britain’s debts are not historically high (in fact the debt-to-GDP ratio is quite modest by comparison with many similar economies); that Labour’s expenditure was reasonably prudent up to 2008, the year of the crisis; and that the current deficit is a result of falling revenues arising from the recession rather than profligate expenditure. Above all, we are not Greece, are not and never have been in danger from “the markets”, which are, after all, largely institutions within our own economy, including many pension funds, lending to their own government. Clearly, the “savage cuts” are far from a matter of necessity but are ideologically driven.

"left wing pressure groups" :huh:

David Blanchflower is economics editor of the New Statesman and professor of ... Our economics

Martin Wolf is chief economics commentator at the Financial Times, London

Joseph Eugene Stiglitz, ForMemRS, FBA (born February 9, 1943) is an American economist and a professor at Columbia University

Paul Robin Krugman is an American economist, Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International

William Keegan is the Observer's senior economics commentator.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2143516/David-Camerons-100-parenting-class-Boots-vouchers-help-tackle-child-yobbery.html

Just call me Dave hopes to stop riots happening again by offering free vouchers for parenting classes available from Boots in all the BME areas affected.

I think this will fail, the governmewnt is just reinforcing again how out of touch they are with its people.

The good parents who's children probably wouldn't riot anyway will take up the offer, whilst those parents who don't give two hoots about their off spring who we would want in these classes will be down the pub.

What do you all think?

I think you'll find that quite a few with "good parents", were arrested last time & prosecuted. Bit judgmental, don't you think?

I agree here with you on this, last time a lot of people who took part did so just for fun, not really because of the gain from looting. The jail terms handed out just being seen in looted stores or stealing something as low cost as a pair of trainers should be enough to deter anyone with half a brain cell.

Until the prisons fill up,then nowhere to put anymore looters.

If there are riots, one thing they will have learned is that the police tactic of standing back and videoing faces to arrest later is easily circumvented by hiding your face.

Scarves hoodies and masks will be everywhere.

Oh yes very poor tactic, I'm all for just wading in, shooting them with rubber bullets & tear gas, that'll soon stop the morons. Because of Political Correctness it means that's what the cops were reduced to, perhaps a good kicking will deter them.

A bit of good old corporal punishment is what they need, no more Mr nice guy towards them, they are just vermin.

Archived