Will there be riots again this summer?

Will there be riots again this summer?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be riots again this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Aren't the powers that be evil eh? If they'd only put tax up to 70% and used the money to buy everyone under 30 a solid gold diamond encrusted hoodie then we might have a hope that they might not vent their not being given free stuff rage on the local branch of Dixons but sadly the bribe is insufficient so natuarlly they must behave like unconcionable asshats because that's what young people do if they don't get free stuff isn't it?

If there are riots this year the handwringing entitlement peddlars who seem to be constantly willing them to happen have as much blame as the feral youths who actually do it.

And the government that steals from the poor, sick, disabled, elderly, young, hardworking and disgracefully paid, to give to their super rich cronies will have no blame I suppose? :hihi:

And the government that steals from the poor, sick, disabled, elderly, young, hardworking and disgracefully paid, to give to their super rich cronies will have no blame I suppose? :hihi:

Not for the last set of riots, no. It had no more to do with the current economic state than it did with anything. Some people kicked off about some guy getting shot by the police (a whole other thread) and the police backed off. And backed off. And backed off some more. Local chavs thought it was a free for all and numbers grew.

They were nicked in great numbers and a whole bunch are still inside they can't riot anyway. The ones on the fringes who chanced it and thought they wouldn't get caught certainly won't. Police won't go softly either, theyll go in fast this time. There won't be riots.

• 5 weeks later...
Not for the last set of riots, no. It had no more to do with the current economic state than it did with anything. Some people kicked off about some guy getting shot by the police (a whole other thread) and the police backed off. And backed off. And backed off some more. Local chavs thought it was a free for all and numbers grew.

They were nicked in great numbers and a whole bunch are still inside they can't riot anyway. The ones on the fringes who chanced it and thought they wouldn't get caught certainly won't. Police won't go softly either, theyll go in fast this time. There won't be riots.

Just watching the show on the The Riots in their own words.

You can't watch shows on this without getting angry really.

Such confidence

Such confidence

You sound as if you want a riot. There are only 2 weeks of summer left and after the Olympics people are fairly relaxed. A lot of last year's rioters are locked up and there has been a lot of publicity about those nicked from last year which will deter others. There will also need to be a spark to kick it all off and in any case I think all police leave has been cancelled till October. So it's unlikely there'll be any trouble.

I was looking at the thread about a terrorist attack on the Olympics. Most people seemed to think there'd be one. A lot of people don't just fear the worst. They seem to wish it.

You sound as if you want a riot. There are only 2 weeks of summer left and after the Olympics people are fairly relaxed. A lot of last year's rioters are locked up and there has been a lot of publicity about those nicked from last year which will deter others. There will also need to be a spark to kick it all off and in any case I think all police leave has been cancelled till October. So it's unlikely there'll be any trouble.

I was looking at the thread about a terrorist attack on the Olympics. Most people seemed to think there'd be one. A lot of people don't just fear the worst. They seem to wish it.

Why do I want a riot? Just because you lock up last year's rioters doesn't mean to say more people won't riot. There doesn't need to be a spark but a long fuse.

All a terrorist has to do is wait until the security of the Olympics is over and the country goes back to sleep.

I agree. I think it's highly unlikely that we'll have any large scale rioting this summer.

Riots don't just happen, they need something to spark them off.

Luckily, nothing has happened to inflame people's passion, but it could, anytime.

We are all basking in the afterglow of the Olympics at present, so I think we're safe at least untill next summer.

Archived