500,000 to lose their disability benefit!!

A lot of healthy people claiming disability, and a lot of slightly disabled people. And even some of the full on disabled people could work. (A lot of the people on here could work in offices for example).

But there isn't enough jobs to go round for the able bodied. And effective tax rates remain high. Disability benefit is paid regardless. The government should concentrate on sorting out the effective tax mess first and foremost.

This sort of thing should not just be dismissed. The system is wide open to abuse and it does get abused.

The government just needs to establish a fair assessment regime to replace the flawed profit-driven mess we have now. If they do the complaints about this process will be minimised.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who claims benefits is a "Scrounger" and as such will suffer because of these cuts !

Thank you, I would've said pretty much the same thing.

I do not support this new thing from the Government, it's just a vote winning exercise to shut Tory voting Daily Fail readers up.

i noticed you left the bit out about payments to those genuinely ill whose payments will be INCREASED.

damn those nasty tories.

Surely not taking benefits off the fraudsters so that they can give more to genuinely sick folk? Who would have dreamed up such a daft scheme?

Thank you, I would've said pretty much the same thing.

I do not support this new thing from the Government, it's just a vote winning exercise to shut Tory voting Daily Fail readers up.

So are you a genuine claimant, and do you expect your benefit to go up or down?

A lot of healthy people claiming disability, and a lot of slightly disabled people. And even some of the full on disabled people could work. (A lot of the people on here could work in offices for example).

But there isn't enough jobs to go round for the able bodied.

Disability Living Allowance - and its successor, Personal Independence Payment - have nothing to do with ability to work. They are paid to cover the costs involved with being disabled.

Many "full-on disabled" people actually do work, but are still entitled to DLA and still get it. And still will get it after the new assessments.

Surely not taking benefits off the fraudsters so that they can give more to genuinely sick folk? Who would have dreamed up such a daft scheme?

So are you a genuine claimant, and do you expect your benefit to go up or down?

I have genuine disabilities, so do not even start.

Then you expect your benefits to go up? And you're complaining that you don't support the new system?

My main complaint is that for new genuine claimants, getting what they're entitled to willl be like trying to get blood out of a stone, because they want to make it so hard that fraudsters will look at the paperwork and go "sod this it's too much effort!".

Disability Living Allowance - and its successor, Personal Independence Payment - have nothing to do with ability to work. They are paid to cover the costs involved with being disabled.

Many "full-on disabled" people actually do work, but are still entitled to DLA and still get it. And still will get it after the new assessments.

Whats betting people in work claiming dla get penalised,it wont be the fraudsters out of pocket,many genuine claims will be under scrutiny as well.How does the govermant distinguish between the two.

Archived