500,000 to lose their disability benefit!!

There is no betting. They do not get penalised.

They do actually, on the fact they can't earn anywhere near minimum wage per hour, I've been told from the job centre that if I get paid work, I can work 16 hours a week and come away with just over £68 a week.

How do the goverment know whos a fraudster,do they drop everyones names in a hat and pick out at random.Seriously though benefit claiments have always been treated with contempt on this forum.Just because you claim doesnt mean u are a scumbag, which a vast majority do think so here.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who claims benefits is a "Scrounger" and as such will suffer because of these cuts !

I wasn't meaning the replies on this post. I'm saying that it is a popular belief that people who claim benefits are scrounging.

Very well said!!

I wasn't meaning the replies on this post. I'm saying that it is a popular belief that people who claim benefits are scrounging.

Those that like to stand on their soapboxes on the forum, slagging the benefit claimants off its quite the norm here.:)

Those that like to stand on their soapboxes on the forum, slagging the benefit claiments off its quite the norm here.:)

People are slagging off the workshy scroungers. If other people on benefits get offended then maybe they are workshy scroungers and dont need the money.

Those that do deserve all the help the government can throw at them.

By taking it off the scroungers, the whingers, the 'voluntarty workers' and giving it to the disabled you may find they will be better off in the long run.

People are slagging off the workshy scroungers. If other people on benefits get offended then maybe they are woho decidesrkshy scroungers and dont need the money.

Those that do deserve all the help the government can throw at them.

By taking it off the scroungers, the whingers, the 'voluntarty workers' and giving it to the disabled you may find they will be better off in the long run.

Who decides whos a scrounger,the general public think everyone is a workshy layabout if they claim benefits.My only worry is innocents get dragged down through the system as well as the dole malingerers..

What worries me about these reforms is that there's a number attached to the plan and that simply can't be a valid number. The plan should be to assess everybody and accept the consequences of that (including possibly not cutting payments to anybody because the assessment shows that they are all genuinely in need of support or cutting far more than originally thought) not to have some sort of target planned. Targets won't change the disabilities or needs of anybody who is assessed and to arbitrarily decide that 500,000 people are going to lose their benefit before you've even done the assessment just seems like they're looking for a reason to cut the benefits rather than to actually look at what is needed.

What worries me about these reforms is that there's a number attached to the plan and that simply can't be a valid number. The plan should be to assess everybody and accept the consequences of that (including possibly not cutting payments to anybody because the assessment shows that they are all genuinely in need of support or cutting far more than originally thought) not to have some sort of target planned. Targets won't change the disabilities or needs of anybody who is assessed and to arbitrarily decide that 500,000 people are going to lose their benefit before you've even done the assessment just seems like they're looking for a reason to cut the benefits rather than to actually look at what is needed.

But of course they aren't. I think most people will know someone who is claiming benefits that they are not entitled too. I welcome an assessment of those currently claiming. I don't think anyone has a problem with genuine claimants getting what they are entitled to.

i noticed you left the bit out about payments to those genuinely ill whose payments will be INCREASED.

damn those nasty tories.

The idea in all this is to save money, not give it away

Archived