Is This The Best Way To Stop Drug Dealing?

A Solution?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. A Solution?

• Yes
    • No

Although, I have every sympathy with someone who stands his/her own ground resulting in violence, organised violence by gangs of vigilantes is not the solution.

As discussed to death on this forum, surely the best way to rid society of criminal drug dealers is to legalise drugs and bring the issue out into the open and deal with individual drug problems in a holistic way.

Stirring up groups of violent bigots is not going to solve anything as long as the market exists.

If you were living amongst drug dealers and your life was a misery, would you agree with this solution?

I would.

Who's to say what the next "undesirable" thing might be? Being black, having a funny walk.

The only way to reduce or slow the issues surrounding drug use is legislation, regulation and education.

It'll all end in tears. At some point someone will fight back and then the fallout won't only effect those involved.

Not to mention that paramilitaries have been known to make money by selling drugs themselves. You have to ask, is this about protecting the comunity or about protecting their own turf.

Not to mention that paramilitaries have been known to make money by selling drugs themselves. You have to ask, is this about protecting the comunity or about protecting their own turf.

Yes, this is the point I made earlier in post #7 about them seeing off rival drug dealers.

I've read that paramilitary groups turned to dealing drugs to raise funds after they laid down their weapons and their financial support dried up, but this was from one of their long-term critics who no doubt had his own axe to grind...

I've not seen any neutral evidence they've been dealing drugs.

RAAD is Derry PIRA. Signed up to the peace process but still well into blowing stuff up and shooting people so pick a new target. Also addicted to "community contributions" to fund their lifestyles, how can you justify these if you're stood down? Sure missus we're keeping your kids safe from drugs, that'll be 20 euros, a week, for each kid.

Do I think this is the best future for Ulster? No, I don't.

If you were living amongst drug dealers and your life was a misery, would you agree with this solution?

I would.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144058/Beatings-shootings-Republican-vigilantes-force-hundreds-young-men-Britain-s-new-City-Culture.html

You would end up shoot outs all over the place, may work with the little teenage wannabes but what about the hardcore ones?

Young men have been forced to turn up with a parent to be wounded at pre-booked appointments for alleged drug dealing and other crimes

Yeah, sounds great, who wouldn't want "pre-booked woundings" for people who are rumoured (alleged) to have some involvement in drugs or crime. I might start a rumour that my neighbour doesn't have a TV license.

Hmmm.... murderers or drug dealers. Which would I prefer?

Tough one!

Are RAAD shooting all drug dealers, or just rival ones?

Serious question...

I was thinking exactly that, why would a paramilitary group act so strongly and put themselves at risk of being caught, for no gain, it's almost like they're trying to seize control of the area and/or eliminate competition. I mean, how do they finance their arsenal? Is it down to honest hard work?

Anyway I back this, all what RAAD are doing is punishing dirty drug dealers and scaring people who are buying them and using them.

You read wrong then, they are KILLING people.

Answer me this, what would you do if you have drug dealers hanging around schools selling to your kids and you found out? Would you go to the police or would you handle it your self, cause I certainly know what I would do!

Answer: it depends what drugs it was and the scale of it. I certainly wouldn't go kidnapping and killing someone over £10 of weed.

Answer me this, if you had a son or daughter who bought an ounce of cannabis and sold 3/4oz of it to pay for his/her 1/4oz (one of the most common forms of dealing, no profit involved, nobody hurt) and they were murdered for it, how would you feel?

Who's to say what the next "undesirable" thing might be? Being black, having a funny walk.

The only way to reduce or slow the issues surrounding drug use is legislation, regulation and education.

It'll all end in tears. At some point someone will fight back and then the fallout won't only effect those involved.

Well that has to be one of the silliest posts on the thread. How can being black or having a funny walk be seen as having a negative effect on society. I tend to treat all people as they are. Some black people and people with funny walks are nothing but good. And to mention them as though there is some negative correlation is a bit daft.

The current people dealing (no pun intended) with the problem..ie the police and courts have been a resounding failure. I would be happy with either end of the spectrum. Either legalize it, or get really tough. Whether this is as linked or tougher sentencing I'm not bothered...

I reckon unless you've had the hell of living amongst drug dealers or had a family member infected with the illness you really can't understand how bad it is.

Archived