Is This The Best Way To Stop Drug Dealing?

A Solution?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. A Solution?

• Yes
    • No

Well that has to be one of the silliest posts on the thread. How can being black or having a funny walk be seen as having a negative effect on society. I tend to treat all people as they are. Some black people and people with funny walks are nothing but good. And to mention them as though there is some negative correlation is a bit daft.

The current people dealing (no pun intended) with the problem..ie the police and courts have been a resounding failure. I would be happy with either end of the spectrum. Either legalize it, or get really tough. Whether this is as linked or tougher sentencing I'm not bothered...

I reckon unless you've had the hell of living amongst drug dealers or had a family member infected with the illness you really can't understand how bad it is.

Frank your points about drug dealers are perfectly valid. Suggesting that PIRAs continued extortion of the community is the way forward is not. Having drug dealers in the neighbourhood - not good. Having some ex fenian terrorist git demanding money every week - also not good.

Frank your points about drug dealers are perfectly valid. Suggesting that PIRAs continued extortion of the community is the way forward is not. Having drug dealers in the neighbourhood - not good. Having some ex fenian terrorist git demanding money every week - also not good.

I know. It would be better if they got rid of the drug dealers and then disappeared. Sort of Robin Hoods, helping the poor victims while shoeing the rich dealers..

Answer me this, what would you do if you have drug dealers hanging around schools selling to your kids and you found out?

Turning that on it's head. How many dealers of alcohol and cigs do you see selling their wares to kids at school?

Well that has to be one of the silliest posts on the thread.

What! Compared to your support for the actions detailed in the OP, you've gotta be joking!

How can being black or having a funny walk be seen as having a negative effect on society.

They can't but that doesn't stop people being persecuted because they're black, or because they have a silly walk.

I tend to treat all people as they are. Some black people and people with funny walks are nothing but good. And to mention them as though there is some negative correlation is a bit daft.

What's daft is pretending that because you don't have a problem with some people, others won't, and won't use that excuse to have a go given half the chance.

Today it's drug dealers, what's it going to be tomorrow?

The current people dealing (no pun intended) with the problem..ie the police and courts have been a resounding failure.

How could they be anything but a failure, by far the vast majority of problems associated with drugs are as a direct result of their criminality!

I would be happy with either end of the spectrum. Either legalize it, or get really tough. Whether this is as linked or tougher sentencing I'm not bothered...

Agree entirely, there needs to be some parity. That also includes legal drugs such as alcohol and cigarettes.

Unfortunately, as we already know from the prohibition experiment in the US, making things illegal creates more problems than it solves. Problems that are still ongoing nearly a century later!

I reckon unless you've had the hell of living amongst drug dealers or had a family member infected with the illness you really can't understand how bad it is.

How does branding them a criminal so they're discouraged from seeking help help matters?

How does having your beloved family member shot, kneecapped or just plain beaten up by lunatics help matters?

How does forcing them to buy adulterated drugs that could easily kill them, while at the same time funding organized crime to continue the trade and many others help matters?

Anyway, regardless of all that, since the law of the land is that they're illegal, the matter should be dealt with by the police, not a bunch of fanatical thugs.

Vigilantism is the only way forward when police hands are tied. 12 just men jumping out of the back of a transit van with baseball bats can curb problems that the state appears powerless to deal with.

The article doesn't talk about baseball bats. It doesn't talk about the police's hands being tied. It doesn't talk about just men. It talks about vigilantes with guns. If you want the streets to be run by vigilantes with guns then try Mexico.

The article doesn't talk about baseball bats. It doesn't talk about the police's hands being tied. It doesn't talk about just men. It talks about vigilantes with guns. If you want the streets to be run by vigilantes with guns then try Mexico.

Never said I did...INNIT!:D

The article doesn't talk about baseball bats. It doesn't talk about the police's hands being tied. It doesn't talk about just men. It talks about vigilantes with guns. If you want the streets to be run by vigilantes with guns then try Mexico.[/QUOTE]

Your wrong fool. Only two types of people carry guns on the streets in Mexico. Members of drug cartels and the Federales (State police to you)

Vigilantes my backside !

Archived