How much cheese is enough..

How much Cheese is enough for a year's supply?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How much Cheese is enough for a year's supply?

• 5.2kg
    • 6.136kg
    • 10.4kg
    • 15.6kg
    • 20.8kg.
    • 26kg
    • 41.6kg
    • 52kg
    • 104kg
    • As much as you can eat.
    • Don't know.

How much Cheese is enough for a "year's supply".

200g per week?, 400?, 800?

Half a kilo per week?

118g?

Elsewhere, consumption of cheese rose 1.7% to 118g per person per week in 2010.

http://www.dairyco.org.uk/datum/consumer/uk-dairy-consumption/uk-dairy-consumption.aspx

118g a week is 6.136kg per year.

The British Cheese board have launched a competition to write an anthem for Cheddar, the nation's favourite Cheese.

http://www.britishcheese.com/competition

In the T&C's it notes the prize;

8. The Prize: 1 pair of weekend tickets for Alex James’ Food and Music festival on 1st and 2nd September 2012 and a ‘year’s supply’ of cheddar, comprising of twelve deliveries of at least 600g of Cheddar to one address, one delivery per month.

So you will come out with 7.2kg of Cheese if you win.

But is that enough Cheese? Surely this competition is going to be attracting the biggest Cheese eaters amongst us. Surely 52kg of Cheese would be required for a year's supply?

How much Cheese is enough for a year's supply?

I use 300g a week I think (ish)

We always buy more, but it doesn't get used. The OH will go off to the shop with scrict instruction to buy MILD WHITE CHEDDAR. I shall eat nowt else. But hes stupid and buys mature cheddar or coloured cheddar, or Double Gloucester, and that will get fed to the dog or go mouldy in the fridge. Dipstick he is!

There is NEVER enough cheese. If it doesn't stink of socks or look like baby puke then I'd say a bellyfull each day is the bare minimum.

Mmmmmmmm ..... Wensleydale, Double Gloucester, Cheshire, Caerphilly, Cheddar, Red Leicester and Lancashire.:D

Cheese must be eaten every single day and as much of it as you can manage. But not that mild stuff or those plastic cheese slices, proper cheese, preferably with veins. British cheese is the greatest but let us not dismiss French bries and camembert, Italian Parmesan, ricotta, Greek feta ect.

Cheese, the food of Gods

Cheese must be eaten every single day and as much of it as you can manage. But not that mild stuff or those plastic cheese slices, proper cheese, preferably with veins. British cheese is the greatest but let us not dismiss French bries and camembert, Italian Parmesan, ricotta, Greek feta ect.

Cheese, the food of Gods

Marry me and I'll share my Stinking Bishop with you.

Archived