Cost of replacing wing mirror

Somone has hit the electric wing mirror on my Golf.

What, roughly, will it cost to have replaced if a) the whole unit needs replacing or b) just the mirror glass and casing need replacing?

Just trying to judge whether its worthwhile claiming on insurance.

Thanks

Somone has hit the electric wing mirror on my Golf.

What, roughly, will it cost to have replaced if a) the whole unit needs replacing or b) just the mirror glass and casing need replacing?

Just trying to judge whether its worthwhile claiming on insurance.

Thanks

I wouldn't think about buying a new one or going near a VW dealer (££££).

If it's a recent Golf door mirrors will be plentiful in breaker's yards. Try to get one in the correct colour (know the name of the colour and maybe the colour code rather than just 'blue' or whatever). Plenty of breakers would possibly fit it while you wait too. They're not hard to fit, sometimes just stubborn.

Insurance: forget about it. If it was someone else's fault just get the money from them.

The cost of the complete driver's side wing mirror on my Audi A3 from an Audi dealer was about £70.

That was with a flat mirror, the original concave one was an extra £30!!!!!

The body came in black and they quoted £69 to spray it silver:gag:

I took it to a spray shop who quoted £25 and they took the broken one off and put the new one on for that £25.

Archived