Cost of replacing wing mirror

Can gou recommend any breakers? As close to me as possible please (Wadsley).

I wouldn't think about buying a new one or going near a VW dealer (££££).

If it's a recent Golf door mirrors will be plentiful in breaker's yards. Try to get one in the correct colour (know the name of the colour and maybe the colour code rather than just 'blue' or whatever). Plenty of breakers would possibly fit it while you wait too. They're not hard to fit, sometimes just stubborn.

Insurance: forget about it. If it was someone else's fault just get the money from them.

Now got a new mirror glass - turns out thats all I need.

Does anyone know if the glass should just click into place - I can't get in on. Maybe I'm just not pushing hard enough, but just don't want crack it!

Thanks

Lucky escape if it was just the glass.

Because on many modern vehichles nowadays (whether this is deliberate I don't know, but let's face it, wing mirrors are often first casuality in many an encounter), especially those with built in indicators, motorised tilting etc - £250 notes easy if not more. Which is heck of a shock for clipping a wing mirror.

Now got a new mirror glass - turns out thats all I need.

Does anyone know if the glass should just click into place - I can't get in on. Maybe I'm just not pushing hard enough, but just don't want crack it!

Thanks

Don't think it's always that simple, take it to Coopers, he'll do it for you for about a fiver I would think

Archived