Greece out of the Euro?

How did they qualify for inclusion in the EURO

By submitting false balance sheets. Which were conveniently not scrutinised because France wanted them in because it's where Plato was born. That's how stupid this whole farcical single currency was from the start.

I watched the programme last week,where Michael Portillo spoke to people in Greece and Germany.I came to the conclusion that the Greeks were greedy and stupid.And the Germans are greedy but clever.

UK debt repayments fall to record low as Britain is seen as a safe haven for investors. Don't you just love that AAA credit rating.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/greek-exit-panic-sends-uk-borrowing-cost-into-a-dive-7746874.html

The "Grexit" turmoil sent billions flooding into low-risk assets such as UK government bonds, sending the Coalition's cost of borrowing to a record low of 1.858 per cent at one point. Investors also took shelter in other safe-haven assets with US Treasury yields slipping to 1.78 per cent. Germany's cost of borrowing through ultra-safe Bunds is at just 1.44 per cent. The euro also sank to a four-month low below $1.29 against the dollar, another safe port in times of market turbulence.

UK debt repayments fall to record low as Britain is seen as a safe haven for investors. Don't you just love that AAA credit rating.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/greek-exit-panic-sends-uk-borrowing-cost-into-a-dive-7746874.html

The "Grexit" turmoil sent billions flooding into low-risk assets such as UK government bonds, sending the Coalition's cost of borrowing to a record low of 1.858 per cent at one point. Investors also took shelter in other safe-haven assets with US Treasury yields slipping to 1.78 per cent. Germany's cost of borrowing through ultra-safe Bunds is at just 1.44 per cent. The euro also sank to a four-month low below $1.29 against the dollar, another safe port in times of market turbulence.

hmmm The word "investment" is just another term for lending. If I was to "invest" in something I'd want to take out more than I put in, a return, otherwise I wouldn't invest the money.

hmmm The word "investment" is just another term for lending. If I was to "invest" in something I'd want to take out more than I put in, a return, otherwise I wouldn't invest the money.

Then the UK bond market is the place for you. The reason why the UK puts so much effort into maintaining its' AAA credit rating is that it confirms the UK has never defaulted on its debts. That is why the UK is able to sell bonds with a 1.8% return whilst many EU countries have to pay 5 or 6%.

Invest money in UK bonds and you know you will get your money back plus a bit more.

Folks with poor credit ratings pay massive amounts for borrowing money. That's why those companies can advertise loans on TV at 3000%.

The whole of Europe is about to be faced with the most dire financial distress of a kind that has not been experienced since the second world war, all because of the dishonesty of bankers and the ineptitude of governments.

Alistair Darling is warning of starvation in Greece, when, with no further bailouts forthcoming, it will no longer be able to pay its public sector salaries and pensions.

The German people are deeply resentful of the cost of keeping Greece in the Euro, and the Greek people angry at the Germans for stealing all their money during the war. I foresee 'squabbling' breaking out very soon.

And Greece is only the first of a toppling house of cards. All of Europe will be affected.

Yet it's hard to remember that only 5 years ago everything seemed fine.

Except of course that it wasn't, as a great many people tried to point out on forums such as this, only to be dismissed as cranks and Conspiracy theorists. If they had been listened to maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament now. Yet the Government continues to deal in smoke and mirrors and lie by ommision. We are entering a period when we seriously need to know the score so we can take what steps we need to get through it.

Scare mongering by the speculators, things will carry as normal with most country's. Greece will be better off reverting back to Drachma.

Archived