Greece out of the Euro?

Scare mongering by the speculators, things will carry as normal with most country's. Greece will be better off reverting back to Drachma.

Tell that to the people of Greece, who are going to become the new third world, or the unemployed/poorly paid of this country for that matter, who are barely keeping their heads above water.

Tell that to the people of Greece, who are going to become the new third world, or the unemployed/poorly paid of this country for that matter, who are barely keeping their heads above water.

Out of the Euro they at least have a chance of rebuilding their economy though tourism and agricultural exports. If they stay in the Euro then all the austerity and bailouts is simply kicking the can up the road for a few months till further bailouts and further cuts are needed.

I'm going to Kos on Thursday, should I be worried regarding the Euro crisis, i.e what if I have £1000 euros and then overnight they get booted out?

According to Oanda 1Euro is £1.24923 or nearly £1.25 so it's a good rate. The problem may with the cost of inflation in Greece.

I'm going to Kos on Thursday, should I be worried regarding the Euro crisis, i.e what if I have £1000 euros and then overnight they get booted out?

I wouldn`t worry too much Taximark. We were in Crete last September and we didn`t really notice much difference from any other time we`ve been to the Greek Islands. (and we go every year). Have a great time

Just like they were before they joined the Euro and then took advantage of low interest rates to borrow money to fund large increases in Public service workers which was unstainable.

Then the UK bond market is the place for you. The reason why the UK puts so much effort into maintaining its' AAA credit rating is that it confirms the UK has never defaulted on its debts. That is why the UK is able to sell bonds with a 1.8% return whilst many EU countries have to pay 5 or 6%.

Invest money in UK bonds and you know you will get your money back plus a bit more.

Folks with poor credit ratings pay massive amounts for borrowing money. That's why those companies can advertise loans on TV at 3000%.

Is that because this government and the bankers here are really reliable and honest?:)

Just like they were before they joined the Euro and then took advantage of low interest rates to borrow money to fund large increases in Public service workers which was unstainable.

No, it's because they didn't pay their taxes

No, it's because they didn't pay their taxes

That as well. But that's there problem to sort out. Many things wrong with the concept of a single currency with more poorer country's taking out than better off country's contibuting.

Archived