Is it time for road tolls

I think they would have to make sure that they are affordable. I don't like the idea that people should get special treatment just for having money.

having said that, maybe more efficient routes could end up with you saving money due to fuel economy or driving a shorter amount of miles.

really though we need improvements and incentives on public transport.

No. Cost of implementing and administrating would be far more than the pay at point of purchase we have at the moment. It would also be another step towards the governments big brother approach where to catch a few more crims data on millions of innocent peoples movements is collected and then probably left on a train.

Maybe if people drove a little smarter, the congestion wouldn't be as bad? I have to go through a few roundabouts on the way to work. Two of them have fences up to prevent you seeing what's coming so you're forced to stop to see if it's clear.

The rest are plagued with drivers who feel the need to stop, check that it's clear, then move off, or people who don't bother to indicate, making people at the next exit wait needlessly.

The rest are plagued with drivers who feel the need to stop, check that it's clear, then move off, or people who don't bother to indicate, making people at the next exit wait needlessly.

Yeah that can be a pain at times especially on the smaller roundabouts as that failure to indicate loses you the split second you need to join the flow safely.

Maybe if people drove a little smarter, the congestion wouldn't be as bad? I have to go through a few roundabouts on the way to work. Two of them have fences up to prevent you seeing what's coming so you're forced to stop to see if it's clear.

I think it has more to do with raising even more government revenue and tracking peoples' travel than it has to do with road safety TBH.

Archived