80 mph on motorways good idea or not

If you work in the city centre & live in a suburb, or live in the city centre, you're well served by public transport. It's cheaper to catch the bus to work in the city centre than to park your car there for a day. Even if you have to do a couple of short taxi journeys a week, or hire a car for a longer journey every month, it's still cheaper than paying for all the costs of car ownership.

If you don't live or work in the city centre, then you pretty much need a car.

If you work in the city centre & live in a suburb, or live in the city centre, you're well served by public transport. It's cheaper to catch the bus to work in the city centre than to park your car there for a day. Even if you have to do a couple of short taxi journeys a week, or hire a car for a longer journey every month, it's still cheaper than paying for all the costs of car ownership.

If you don't live or work in the city centre, then you pretty much need a car.

Or if you do anything regularly that isn't in the city centre (beyond work) then you'll be needing that car as well.

Some fools on here advocate no limit. Many years ago when I was stationed in West Germany and less wise than I am now I had a very fast (At the time) sports car. I've lost count of the number of times I had fools in Beetles etc doing 60/70 mph pull out in front of me whilst doing 110mph+ down the autobahn even though I had headlights on. The roads were also a lot less crowded back in the 1970's. Remember, you may be the safest driver on the planet but it only takes one fool to not look in their mirror!

Archived