Rebekah brooks charged

Did you 5 years ago ?

Did I what, 5 years ago?

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 17:30 ----------

So without the expensive lawyers is it legal to listen in to people's conversations on CD radio?

CB radio are public broadcasts, telephone calls are not

Did you 5 years ago ?[/QUOte]

Yes and before then as well. Its the equivalent of going through someones mail. Ignorance of the law is no defence etc. It was her job as editor to know how the paper and her employees conducted business. She had experienced in house legal adbice and could have acccesss the best legal advisers money could buy. Id have told her.

Yes and before then as well. Its the equivalent of going through someones mail. Ignorance of the law is no defence etc. It was her job as editor to know how the paper and her employees conducted business. She had experienced in house legal adbice and could have acccesss the best legal advisers money could buy. Id have told her.

It is an interesting situation. I regularly used to pick up my home phone and find myself inadvertently listening in to a neighbour's phone conversations. It seems also that Memworth Hill hacks our phones and emails as it sees fit.I also regularly have to listen to people's phone conversations when they are using a mobile phone in the pub or a restaurant.

With the lack of apparent privacy I can well understand how some might see a distinction between picking up a conversation and intercepting someone's mail.

---------- Post added 25-02-2014 at 19:52 ----------

Did I what, 5 years ago?[

Have a lobotomy.

humm the old ignorance defence.

That one often works so well for people :hihi:

She's a lying toerag, and I'm being careful with my words.

First it was 'no, no phone taps in a million years'.

Then it was 'no, I didn't know anything about them'.

Now it's 'well,I didn't know it was illegal'.

Come on, ref! :rant:

Archived