RM - No wonder they're going down the pan

I've ordered an item from a company and requested tracked delivery as it's an international delivery (US)

Now the item isn't large or heavy yet I paid almost £30 for the service. Today I checked the tracking as I expected it to turn up today.

The last entry for the tracking states this:

Payment of charges - 05/15/12 4:24am

Item being held, addressee being notified

Arrival at Post Office 05/14/12 11:38pm

So they're expecting me to pay MORE postage, despite already paying for it, it's disgraceful IMO, not only that, I've had my post today but no card/letter notifying me of said issue.

I have paid another company who is technically sub-contracting RM for part of the service so in my mind the parcel should arrive to me regardless. Any and all short-fall in fees are between RM and the company that asked them to deliver.

There's no wonder no-one wants to use RM these days, inefficient and out to scam more cash out of customers via what I can only describe as ransom demands.

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Are the additional charges from customs? RM couldn't know in advance what fee's would be applied, nor would it be able to pay them. At a guess it's T&Cs for international delivery said that additional customs fee's may be payable.

Are the additional charges from customs? RM couldn't know in advance what fee's would be applied, nor would it be able to pay them. At a guess it's T&Cs for international delivery said that additional customs fee's may be payable.

When I paid for the item, the delivery specified "inc Customs fees" - I assumed from that note that they'd already calculated the customs fee into the cost. It's only a small bit of plastic.

Archived