Things that are not illegal but should be.

In prison it was a sign that you was another mans property me thinks lol! It also was easier for their masters to pull their pants down for a quickie

This is an urban legend. It does come from prison though - men entering prison were given ill fitting clothes, and were disallowed belts to prevent them hanging themselves.

This is an urban legend. It does come from prison though - men entering prison were given ill fitting clothes, and were disallowed belts to prevent them hanging themselves.

Banksy elucidates it thus:

"Wearing your jeans two sizes too big so they hang low off your ass was invented in Los Angeles. Apparently kids in the hood wear clothes handed down by their brothers so the bigger the trousers, the bigger your brothers.

This makes sense until you dress this way to go painting in a fountain. Then if your oversized jeans get damp and you haven´t got a belt they tend to fall down halfway through the piece. I doesn´t matter how big your brothers are when drunk geezers walk past you waiting for the last bus and it looks like you just p****d all over yourself"

"Wearing your jeans two sizes too big so they hang low off your ass was invented in Los Angeles. Apparently kids in the hood wear clothes handed down by their brothers so the bigger the trousers, the bigger your brothers.

This makes sense until you dress this way to go painting in a fountain. Then if your oversized jeans get damp and you haven´t got a belt they tend to fall down halfway through the piece. I doesn´t matter how big your brothers are when drunk geezers walk past you waiting for the last bus and it looks like you just p****d all over yourself"

Haha that's great!

It does amuse me how often I hear the prison bitch explanation - and the way people tell it as if it's unquestionable fact!

I bet the police are well happy.Imagine them trying to run away from officers.

Haha that's great!

It does amuse me how often I hear the prison bitch explanation - and the way people tell it as if it's unquestionable fact!

Yeah, although I wouldn't necessarily take banksy's word for it either.

My explanation is anyone who wears their trousers like this is doing it to annoy me, and therefore not worth bothering with.

Archived