Locked out of my digital safe!!

Don't bother with a locksmith just to open a safe. Waste of money.

Dont bother with a plummber to sort out boiler waste of money

dont bother with a mechanic to fix your car waste of money pretty sure what you get paid for aswell is a waste of money

Can anyone help, I have a digital safe but the batteries have gone & I have lost the key...any idea's????

The actual key lock on most digital safes is pretty poor. Most have a die cast or brass body. Stick a small drill though the middle of the key slot. Keep drilling larger and larger until the centre drops out. (Perhaps 8 mm)

A new lock shouldn't cost more than £3 or £4.

As others have said the safes are so cheap it isn't worth engaging a locksmith.

Dont bother with a plummber to sort out boiler waste of money

dont bother with a mechanic to fix your car waste of money pretty sure what you get paid for aswell is a waste of money

So how much would you charge including call out to open a £30 safe.

• 8 months later...

If the safe is mobile (ie, not fastened down), you could find out which local plumber or garage has a snake-cam (like an endoscope, becoming more and more common now), most digital safes have bolt holes in the back and a reset button inside (or at least the one I have does) and they can probably activate it with a welding rod or similar equipment.

Archived