How many time wasters usuing the classifieds

i do see the point of using some where with cctv as it adds protection, but this also increases the annoyance of a time waster... say you take a item to meadowhall and you have a no show youve carted a item about for nothing, but you can never hit 2 birds with one stone .... well not the 2 birds were talking about, i think ill only arrange item for home as im out in the sticks so to say, but once ive agreed a time and it passes and if im off out im going out and not waiting around unless ive been contacted, i dont push my items onto people, my last item in question the buyer practically begged for a lower price and when i thought well at least it will get used and offered at the price he'd begged for i thought he'd at least have the decency to say look i cant make or changed my mind...etc but the fact he just continues to use the forums as if he never made a arrangement make be believe he's a complete time waster.

i had one yesterday!! Actually told him he could have a fish tank, didn;t want anything for it, arranged for him to come and collect last night, no show, no phone call nothing, how annoying is it?!

id of even offered delivery if he of said he cant make as i was off his way to buy something off another forum user, ended up putting the item on gumtree and it sold within 15mins of been on, but gumtree has even more time wasters usually but got lucky with the sale and for a better price than id agreed on here.

If I am honest I wouldn't say its a problem with thieves getting your adress in the attempt to steal from you surely people aren't that stupid i mean your IP adress is tracked so if you suspected that a burgarly was due to the fact someone asked for your adress then stole from you it would surely be easy detection for the blues in twos.

The issue with that is that it would require some real police work. They can't be bothered with the cases were all the evidence is GIVEN to them, all the legwork done.

The issue with that is that it would require some real police work. They can't be bothered with the cases were all the evidence is GIVEN to them, all the legwork done.

thats a good point, my parents house got burgled 2 years ago the thieves did get caught a few houses away within 30mins no one left the house and the police didnt manage to recover all of the goods stolen, even though the items had to be in the house they went to.

Archived