Are men just forgetful, or do we unconciously 'filter irrelevancies'?

Ok, so how many men maybe have words with their partner or wife, and they bring up something that maybe happened years ago, with total clarity and conviction, that you've long since forgotten about, or don't remember?

So. Do we men just filter out life's little irelevancies?

Its like they say a man should never refer to a past issue because we only remember something if it was really relevant.

On the other hand women will remember what day it was, what time it was, and what colour trousers they were wearing.

I completely agree that man only remember what we need to and nothing else.

Ok, so how many men maybe have words with their partner or wife, and they bring up something that maybe happened years ago, with total clarity and conviction, that you've long since forgotten about, or don't remember?

So. Do we men just filter out life's little irelevancies?

Its like they say a man should never refer to a past issue because we only remember something if it was really relevant.

On the other hand women will remember what day it was, what time it was, and what colour trousers they were wearing.

I completely agree that man only remember what we need to and nothing else.

You're spot on there. Womens heads must be bursting with information that they have no need to recall......or is it we 'wish' that were the case.??? :suspect:

No in my opinion women do seem to have a never ending pit of knowledge inside them.

My partner for example can remember things I said years ago but if I try to recall an issue she'll say when? and that is it argument over I have lost because I don't remember dates and times I just remember that it happened or she said it.

You're spot on there. Womens heads must be bursting with information that they have no need to recall......or is it we 'wish' that were the case.??? :suspect:

No in my opinion women do seem to have a never ending pit of knowledge inside them.

My partner for example can remember things I said years ago but if I try to recall an issue she'll say when? and that is it argument over I have lost because I don't remember dates and times I just remember that it happened or she said it.

Well I'm glad it's not just me that suffers this never ending knowledge pit. You're right, you can never argue about something that happened way back. Like you say, all I remember is the bare bones of it. Not specifics. Women seem to be able to quote verbatum what was said, and in what tone....etc....etc......etc.......

Would be interesting to have a womans perception on this!

I'm going to hide under the desk now! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

It comes in handy!

Having been married for 42 years next month I use it to my advantage such as, having a bet on who was one of our bridesmaids (we only had 2), one was his cousin (he only has 2) and he swore blind it was the wrong cousin, he bet £50 he knew. This was only proved when we dragged the wedding album out to look at the photo, not convinced he then 'phoned his 88 years old mother to confirm it.

Needless to say I'm 50 quid better off and he's now trying to win it back.

He can remember which hole he played best on the golf course several years ago but, he suffers selective amnesia for all things important.

Women have the upper hand when it comes to memory recall.

he suffers selective amnesia for all things important.

Women have the upper hand when it comes to memory recall.

Or is it, that a woman's perception of what is important differs greatly from that of a fella? What a woman sees as relevant, a fella dismisses it as being irrelevant!

Archived