Vine Tavern - Mosborough

yep give this place a very wide berth,its very loud inside and you always feel that someone wants to start an argument with you,we found it very imtimadating:o

I'm guessing you didn't read the previous posts. It's now closed (which I saw for myself tonight when I drove past) so you'll be fine if you go near it again ;)

Never had a problem there myself, was a great pub and hopefully will be again one day :|

• 1 month later...
Can anyone help please. My wife and I are new to the area of mosborough and are looking at buying a house on school st near the vine tavern.

We have heard conflicting rumours about the pub that its a run down and loud. We have also heard in recent years its calmed down and is a nice pub.

Our problems is we have two young childern and (the wife) doesn't really want to live next to a loud pub.

Can anyone help please and let us know what its like these days?

The best advise i would say is if you are worried about this possible problem is to play safe and stay away from living near any pub the vine over the years in my opinion has been pritty lively even if it is quiet now things can quickly change for your peace of mind find another house mosborough is not a bad area tho.

• 1 year later...

I've noticed it's closed too. Does anyone know why? I think it's owned/run by the same people who seem to have rejuvenated The George & Dragon in Mosborough who I assume are the people who did the sports bar theme. The fact is, that with the current trend of pubs struggling unless they do food or real ale, perhaps it's a case of survival of the fittest in Mosborough and in the long run the Vine closing will help the other pubs survive. That said, always sad to see a local pub struggling.

I think the Vine's problem is that it's not on the main road whereas the George, Royal Oak, Queen and British Oak are. Saying that though, the Alma doesn't appear to be suffering and that's well out of the way, compared to the other pubs in Mosborough.

The Vine has the appearance of a good old traditional pub, situated in a quiet location on School Street and has the potential to be a gold mine. Indeed, it was very popular when LynneH (see earlier posts) ran it, after many years of being a dive.

Mosborough has always had many pubs. They are closing at an alarmingly increasing rate (Wheel, Joseph Glover to name just two in recent years).

I've heard that it's been purchased / leased by the people who own the Old Harrow on White Lane

Also been told that the conditions attached say it has to remain a pub but my bet is that it will be an Indian restaurant within six months

Info came from a local who is normally reliable

• 1 month later...