Vine Tavern - Mosborough

From what I've heard over the last week or so the pub is up for sale and will not be open as a pub again, apart from over the Christmas period for which it's just had a quick sprucing up by its current owners. Rumours for its future suggest either a restaurant or housing.

This pub is now open for business . The current owners are hoping to buy it if it's successful. Let's show support and pop along to say hello and have a drink. There's a Indian sniffing around wanting to buy it to turn it into a restaurant to which I think will be disastrous for the community.

Say no to the restaurant and yes to the pub

This pub is now open for business . The current owners are hoping to buy it if it's successful. Let's show support and pop along to say hello and have a drink. There's a Indian sniffing around wanting to buy it to turn it into a restaurant to which I think will be disastrous for the community.

Say no to the restaurant and yes to the pub

As it's about a 60 second walk from my house I'd much rather it remained a (decent) pub. I have my doubts though as it's off the beaten track, most punters know it closed a couple of months ago and I've seen nothing to indicate that it's re-opened apart from the lights being back on. The banners and advertising boards mostly remained in place throughout its recent closure so from the outside it doesn't appear to have suddenly burst back into life. Shame really and I've said before on this thread that it could be a gold mine with the right approach, although like many pubs today, it is more likely to be a struggle to keep afloat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've heard that it's been purchased / leased by the people who own the Old Harrow on White Lane

Also been told that the conditions attached say it has to remain a pub but my bet is that it will be an Indian restaurant within six months

Info came from a local who is normally reliable

You should have put some money on it :P

The pub has been up for sale since well before Christmas but more or less remained open as a pub since then, albeit a very quiet looking one. The Vine Tavern 2014 facebook page has a final post from the person who has been running it which includes this line:

......the building was up for sale and it has been sold to a certain fella who is planning to refurbish the vine into a Indian restaraunt!

So an Indian restaurant it apparently will become. I hope it's very good and that the wind blows in any direction but southerly as it's only about 200 yds away from my house :hihi:

Edited by simonj

• 3 months later...

went last week and had a very nice meal,i had a dish called handi chicken and it was full of flavour bay leaves and different from any other indian meal ive had what was nice was they didnt hassle you for drinks and poppadoms, or trying to get you to have side dishes etc,and they asked when you wanted your next dish or do you want a few minutes etc, very relaxed, it just needed some nice indian music playing tho ,not this modern pop stuff but that, they said they are getting some new cd s soon will go again

Went last night as a Fathers Day treat. Got a very warm welcome, friendly service throughout and excellent food :thumbsup:

It was a little odd though, being in there for the first time after the total refurb from the pub that I visited many times over 20 years :|