Is it good for the lawn to leave the cut grass?

I'm intending to cut my lawn tomorrow and I was thinking about not using the grass catcher bag and just leave the cut grass and allow it to rot away as the coucil seem to have done on the grass next to my house. Is this good for the lawn?

If your mower has mulching plugs and is designed to be able to mulch then yes it is beneficial to do it this way from time to time, if not then just taking the grass catcher box off will not cut the clippings sufficiently finely, and depending on the design will probably cover you with grass into the bargain.

If your mower has mulching plugs and is designed to be able to mulch then yes it is beneficial to do it this way from time to time, if not then just taking the grass catcher box off will not cut the clippings sufficiently finely, and depending on the design will probably cover you with grass into the bargain.

I see. I'll use the grass catcher bag and if the grass clippings are finely cut I'll empty it shake-and-vac style on the grass that I've just cut. Thanks for the advice.

Archived