Peugeot Speedfight 2 Problem HELP!

hello i have a speedfight 2 runs well apart from going up hills, the problem has only recently started, i put it away for winter and now i have got it back out when i am going up a hill it will fly up then loose power then regain power then loose it again very strange, can anybody help me with this problem ?

had same problem with mine, luckily i knew a rac man and he changed fuel pipes from tank to carb n changed the inline fuel filter, ran like a new 1 after that, hope this helps

Hi

The first thing to do after the winter.. Fill the tank with "fresh" gasoline. Today's gasoline will go "bad" after a few months, resulting in uneven firing and coatings inside the carburetor and the Jet´s. :gag:

A properly tuned carburetor reacts instantly to poor quality gasoline, causing rough idling and intermittent loss of power.

If that doesn´t solve it.. imao, You probably need to clean that carburetor. Unscrew it and clean it thoroughly, making sure the Jet´s and the float chamber also get their share of the cleaning..

Start with refueling tho.. and next fall leave it with an empty or close to empty tank. Even better is to drain the carburetor before it goes into hibernation..

Archived