Arsonist kills 6 children in Derby housefire.

Unbelievable. They're probably catatonic, in a state of shock and unable to process the enormity of what has happened to them. Grief manifests itself in all kinds of different ways. It doesn't take long before people start pointing the finger of suspicion, does it? I sincerely hope that the vile creature who did this is caught and locked up for life.

mmmm:suspect::suspect:

well there you go!! at last they are arrested, like i said when this thread started the parents were very unconvincing! no smoke without fire ...no pun intended.

ok so they are innocent until proven guilty but the CPS must have a shed load of evidence to charge them .

They have not been charged.

clearly not as low as these lowlife chav scum!!

Another one who believes that people who get arrested are automatically guilty and we don't need to bother with things like trials?

Do you not remember that two people were already arrested the day after the fire took place? Were you equally certain that they were guilty?

well there you go!! at last they are arrested, like i said when this thread started the parents were very unconvincing! no smoke without fire ...no pun intended.

ok so they are innocent until proven guilty but the CPS must have a shed load of evidence to charge them .

heartbreaking to think those poor kids had to put up with a life like this and then die for something so trivial as an insurance scam or some such plot.

ab did you go to the same dunce school as ricgem?

So far they've been arrested, not charged (yet).

heartbreaking to think those poor kids had to put up with a life like this and then die for something so trivial as an insurance scam or some such plot.

In your haste to post your gloating that you might have been right all along, you forgot to mention that they have not been charged or found guilty of anything

In your haste to post your gloating that you might have been right all along, you forgot to mention that they have not been charged or found guilty of anything

While sweatingly typing in "haste" it really isn't that surprising the facts were over looked...one might say ignored. ab6262 needs the adulation of self righteousness it seems. So c'mon everyone, cut it some slack.

One thing that does concern me is regarding smoke alrams that it was said were fitted and went off.

At what stage did they go off, if they were like the ones our local council fit they only go off when you've already got a raging fire unlike the cheaper ones you can buy which some people claim are too sensitive.

I know which I'd rather have.

In the 17th century your name would have been Mathew Hopkins (Wichfinder General).

One thing that does concern me is regarding smoke alrams that it was said were fitted and went off.

At what stage did they go off, if they were like the ones our local council fit they only go off when you've already got a raging fire unlike the cheaper ones you can buy which some people claim are too sensitive.

I know which I'd rather have.

I have no idea at what stage their's went off, but mine, if I'm making some toast or frying something in the kitchen, a slight bit of smoke, and it gets through the dining room, through the hallway, all the way up the stairs, and sets the alarm off! A tad too sensitive :hihi:

I have no idea at what stage their's went off, but mine, if I'm making some toast or frying something in the kitchen, a slight bit of smoke, and it gets through the dining room, through the hallway, all the way up the stairs, and sets the alarm off! A tad too sensitive :hihi:

I've stood with a heavily smoking piece of cloth directly under the council fitted smoke alarm eventualy after two attempts it went off, with the shop bought smoke alarm it was more like 10 seconds.

It is the smoke that usualy kills people, many of those who die are already dead by the time the fire gets to them!

If theirs being a council house was fitted with the council type the fire would have long taken hold by the time they went off, with the upstairs rooms already full of asphyiating smoke.

Archived