Arsonist kills 6 children in Derby housefire.

In the 17th century your name would have been Mathew Hopkins (Wichfinder General).

that made me laugh:hihi: seriously though i accept i have been hasty in replies due to anger felt for the poor kids but i of course know that they havent been charged ....as yet! but i dont think it will be long, normal practice i understand is to arrest & interview on the evidence collected and try to get a confession first.

goes to get dunces hat BF

yeah I was just going to edit my post because if you were starting a fire for the insurance money you would surely come up with a reason for your kids to be out.

I don't get it, how does this insurance scam where you set light to your own home work?

When you have a large insurance claim they don't just give you money. The insurance company bring in their own people to put the damage right and you have to submit receipts for the replacement furniture and household effects. You can't make money on it.

I'll be very surprised if the parents did it.

By pretending it wasn't you

But to what end? The house isn't theirs so no money from the buildings, so all they'd possibly get is a contents payout which would be gone over with a fine tooth comb so little chance of much profit from it.

But to what end? The house isn't theirs so no money from the buildings, so all they'd possibly get is a contents payout which would be gone over with a fine tooth comb so little chance of much profit from it.

ab6262 if you read the first few posts, thinks they have may have gotten that bigger house from the council (and if you look into it, they have actually been trying to get one for a while to be fair, so the father can move ALL his kids into one home together, with his wife and girlfriend)

By the way, as I've said before, I didn't notice the parents not 'looking credible' on the news, I thought they did, and I don't think it was any kind of insurance scam either, and I'm reserving judgement on whether the parents are guilty or not until they are found to be so.

ab6262 if you read the first few posts, thinks they have may have gotten that bigger house from the council (and if you look into it, they have actually been trying to get one for a while to be fair, so the father can move ALL his kids into one home together, with his wife and girlfriend)

I doubt any council would want to set the precedant that if your existing house burns down then you get an upgrade, they might as well set fire to half their housing stock overnight.

Like you I'm reserving judgement till charges are brought, i can't see a way that they could benefit but equally arresting them in the run up to the funeral seems odd if their is no credible evidence against them, we'll just have to wait and see.

who knows what goes through the minds of these pondlife!!!, they may have thought by doing something like this that a new house was on the cards for all of them, obviously if true it went horrifically wrong!

Archived