Arsonist kills 6 children in Derby housefire.

You cannot have interpreted it that way, it would not make sense.

I don't think anyone was claiming they were guilty, they said they felt something was wrong. Which is why there is nothing wrong with listening to your gut instincts.

Yes, there is something wrong..six children have been murdered by people unknown so far, that's why the police are going about the investigation properly and methodically.

You're placing too much emphasis on 'gut instinct' without being in possession of the salient FACTS, just as none of us are.

The problem with Joe Public putting two and two together and making five is that it provides succour to the vigilante types and hinders the due process of law..how easy do you think it would be for these parents to have a fair trial if they are charged given the speculation that already surrounds their involvement?

There would be if they were a juror and that was all they based a guilty verdict on-we are not jurors though are we!

Do you know how the jury system works in this country?

They're people just like you and me, some more prone to the distraction of 'gut instinct' more than others.

I never said that it was my own view, I threw it out there to illustrate how none of us know the true facts and this endless speculation based on 'gut feelings' and instant dislike is somewhat distasteful. Nor I am not prepared to pronounce them guilty based on their behaviour at a press conference. In the eyes of the law, even if they are arrested and charged, they are still innocent until proven guilty. I would hope and expect to be afforded the same treatment if I ever find find myself in position where I have been arrested, which hopefully I never will.

you had a go when people gave an opinion then did exactly the same thing yourself. The only difference between what you implied and what they implied was that you were aiming it at the police.

It may not be helpful to discuss it but if you don't want to discuss it then why reply?

I think I hit a nerve:D
Hit a nerve? I think it was more a funny bone ;)

I didn't accuse them of murder actually, I am arguing with your accusations of everyone who doesn't agree with you as being a spleen venter.

..and why does such an accusation offend you so much? Go grow a pair.

My opinion was that they were acting oddly and not as I would expect to act had that happened to me but then I don't know how I would act and would be less likely to know how to expect someone I don't know to act. It sounds a lot like your opinion really except that I didn't have a go at anyone.

Deedums, Im sure they're all bawling into their SMA over being called a spleen venter by me.

Lets read posts before starting accusations shall we

Indeed, and conversely lets hear the evidence before accusing or creating innuendoes implicating people in murder.

Hit a nerve? I think it was more a funny bone ;)

..and why does such an accusation offend you so much? Go grow a pair.

Deedums, Im sure they're all bawling into their SMA over being called a spleen venter by me.

Indeed, and conversely lets hear the evidence before accusing or creating innuendoes implicating people in murder.

yep definitely hit a nerve:D

calm down, no-one was attacking you, you were calling people names-theres no need!

I am not offended, should I be?

Again I accused no-one of murder!

yep definitely hit a nerve:D
You obviously have a high opinion of yourself if you believe you achieved that.

calm down, no-one was attacking you, you were calling people names-theres no need!

Perfectly calm, just bemused by why someone would be sufficiently disturbed by being called a spleen venter to spend half the thread moaning about it.

I am not offended, should I be?

I've no interest in whether I've offended you or not.

Again I accused no-one of murder!

..but you are speculating on the involvement of the protagonists in a murder case based on your 'gut instinct'-remember?

I don't think I've hit one of your nerves, but you're certainly reeling from the metaphorical boot you've received to your backside ;)

By the way, I am not expressing an opinion that this might be the case, just stating that none of us know. It does bother me, however, when people are willing to make judgements about a person's 'performance' at a press conference.

Many people were taken in by Ian Huntley, Tracie Andrews, the Mccanns, etc.

You obviously have a high opinion of yourself if you believe you achieved that.

Perfectly calm, just bemused by why someone would be sufficiently disturbed by being called a spleen venter to spend half the thread moaning about it.

I've no interest in whether I've offended you or not.

..but you are speculating on the involvement of the protagonists in a murder case based on your 'gut instinct'-remember?

I don't think I've hit one of your nerves, but you're certainly reeling from the metaphorical boot you've received to your backside ;)

If you were calm you wouldn't be name calling would you!

Many people were taken in by Ian Huntley, Tracie Andrews, the Mccanns, etc.

..but that has no relevance in this current case and demonstrates nothing in terms of the guilt or otherwise of the parents.

Archived