Arsonist kills 6 children in Derby housefire.

What about all those such as Joanne Lees, Lindy Chamberlain et al, who were erroneously branded as murderers? Should we perhaps not remember them too?

Indeed, and let's not forget the circumstances surrounding the arrest of Christopher Jeffries and the reporting of it, for the murder of Joanna Yates in Bristol last year.

The whole business of holding your own press conference after being a victim of crime strikes me as odd. If my loved ones had been murdered I'd be so consumed with grief that I'd want to shut myself away from the world for months rather than let the national media take pictures of me crying so they can sell more papers.

I would find it hard to do a press conference also, and I'd certainly be pee'd off if people came to sensational conclusions if I chose to take part in one.

The whole business of holding your own press conference after being a victim of crime strikes me as odd. If my loved ones had been murdered I'd be so consumed with grief that I'd want to shut myself away from the world for months rather than let the national media take pictures of me crying so they can sell more papers.

The police and psychological experts/profilers usually advise this. It is also far more likely to aid the investigation. I would also be unable to function but would want to do everything possible to bring the culprits to justice.

As far as I am concerned at this juncture, it is not an issue of whether or not they are guilty but more one of the fact that they have been judged as such, by some, on the basis of their behaviour at a press conference. No doubt added to that is a dose of disapproval of their lifestyle and notoriety. As a nation, we seem to hate and villify people who are on benefits, especially if they have lots of kids.

As far as I am concerned at this juncture, it is not an issue of whether or not they are guilty but more one of the fact that they have been judged as such, by some, on the basis of their behaviour at a press conference. No doubt added to that is a dose of disapproval of their lifestyle and notoriety. As a nation, we seem to hate and villify people who are on benefits, especially if they have lots of kids.

I saw that press conference on the TV and I didn't see anything at all inconsistent with them being recently bereaved parents.

I saw that press conference on the TV and I didn't see anything at all inconsistent with them being recently bereaved parents.

I didn't see it in its entirety but have seen clips. I get the impression that some people want them to be guilty because they are already hate figures because of their lifestyle in addition to confirming their initial suspicions. Perhaps the police, fire forensic experts and criminologists should hand over to the armchair detectives? If no one is ever charged and prosecuted, people will still hold them responsible just like those who believe the McCanns covered up for the accidental death of their daughter.

Firstly, it has never been proved that McCanns played any part in the disappearance of Madeleine.

Leaving children alone at that age each night is a crime on its own!

Also anyone watching would know that they were left on their own unattended.

Leaving children alone at that age each night is a crime on its own!

Also anyone watching would know that they were left on their own unattended.

It is irresponsible and I would never do it. However, there's a huge leap between that and covering up a child's death, staging an abduction and running a campaign for 5 years.

Archived