Arsonist kills 6 children in Derby housefire.

I genuinely thought their "grief" at the press conference looked like one of the worst bits of acting I'd ever seen. They just looked like they were gurning for the cameras. There was no point in writing that on here at the time, looking at the vitriol heaped on anyone who thought there was something amiss with this case. And it was hard to believe that even those with such an obvious lack of intelligence and responsibility for their actions could stoop *that* low.

Yes, but nevertheless the result was the same.

Do you really believe that they're not grieving, even if they are responsible for the fire? They clearly have not been charged on the basis of a press conference, therein lies the difference.

I genuinely thought their "grief" at the press conference looked like one of the worst bits of acting I'd ever seen. They just looked like they were gurning for the cameras. There was no point in writing that on here at the time, looking at the vitriol heaped on anyone who thought there was something amiss with this case. And it was hard to believe that even those with such an obvious lack of intelligence and responsibility for their actions could stoop *that* low.

To be fair i suspect the CPS have not gone ahead with charges based on the fact that they are thick and might have looked a bit dodge at the press conference.

Whatever the actual evidence is that will be used to determine their guilt or evidence it isn't in the public domain and probably won't be till the trial so speculation as to what happened that night remains just that.

To be fair i suspect the CPS have not gone ahead with charges based on the fact that they are thick and might have looked a bit dodge at the press conference.

I'm sure they haven't & there is nowhere in my post where I suggest that's the case. Sometimes you just get a feeling about things, you look at something or someone and it just doesn't look right. Something doesn't ring true. That's how I felt when I saw them. Nothing more than that.

Whatever the actual evidence is that will be used to determine their guilt or evidence it isn't in the public domain and probably won't be till the trial so speculation as to what happened that night remains just that.

:thumbsup:

Halle-flippin-lujah!

I'm sure they haven't & there is nowhere in my post where I suggest that's the case. Sometimes you just get a feeling about things, you look at something or someone and it just doesn't look right. Something doesn't ring true. That's how I felt when I saw them. Nothing more than that.

How did you feel when you saw Christopher Jeffries, the man arrested in connection with the murder of Joanna Yates in the papers and on the news?

He "looked" guilty didn't he, we all secretly (and some not so secretly) thought the police had him bang to rights and his reputation and shortcomings were fully prosecuted in the media...however, there were some vital things missing..evidence, a trial and his conviction.

Why? Because someone else had carried out the murder and was subsequently found guilty for it.

These parents may well be proved to be guilty, but all this sensational talk about what they looked like and how they behaved is absolutely irrelevant to the process of convicting them.

As others have implied-it's highly improbable that even someone intending to burn their six children to death would be unable to weep 'real' tears.

I think the people who are saying that people involved in the press conference always seem to be guilty need to think a bit harder - you remember these cases (as posted above, Karen Matthews etc) so well just because they WERE guilty. I'm sure there have been many, many more when they actually weren't. One I think I remember was the Milly Dowler case, her parents did a news appeal - her father was also a murder suspect at one point.

Archived