Arsonist kills 6 children in Derby housefire.

The alarms that the council fitted are long life battery type, we don't live in a council house, I have refitted my own DIY store alarms for peace of mind.

I have contacted Derbyshire police with mine and my wifes concerns regarding the council fitted alarms just in case these were the types in place at the said property.

okay,i see what you mean now, glad you have fitted something what suffices, good on you for messageing the police in derbyshire with the regard of concern about alarms in the properties out there worth a mention imo , might be worth messaging their HA and derbyshire CC aswell although i think the names are something like 'three valleys derbyshire district council and erewash areas' etc... what cover those areas, im sure Gooooogle will pull them up

xxxx

Well I'm sure nobody has gone to prison on the strength on the thoughts of people on a forum, lets wait and see now & let justice, be seen to be done correctly :)
I'm not really concerned about the thoughts of forum people. I'm thinking more of how does a defendant fare faced by a jury who thinks he or she looks like they shouild be guilty. Hollywood and TV have clearly made it tough on those who are less than beautiful. We have a tv show here called ' The wheel of fortune ', where a panel of three have to guess the words that make up a phrase or saying. The panel is made up of three guests.Invariably they are a man, an older woman, often black, and what I call a bimbo. A new panel is created every day. By some method or other, the bimbo manages to win almost every time. What has any of this to do with a criminal (or civil ) trial? Only that the less desirable faces a harder time with a court, somewhat like the game.

Just another angle on this case (before BF jumps in and gets posts deleted...)

As plenty of people have stated in this post, 'innocent till proven guilty' etc. etc.

Now last week, Tony Blair was lying to the Levenson enquiry. How do I know this? Have I proof? Has he ever been convicted? No, no and no. I just know he was lying - as does most of the population of the UK.

Similarly, last night Alistair Campbell was granted yet another free platform by the Beeb on 'Have I got News for You'. Apart from a thoroughly disgraceful performance, everybody knows about his past - dodgy dossier, WMDs etc. - all innocent fun which directly led to the deaths of many thousands of people. Again, he's never been convicted of anything, because 'the system' won't allow it.

My point is, it's not always necessary to be caught with a smoking gun in your hand to be guilty.

• 3 weeks later...
The Prison Service stopped the parents of the children attending the funeral of their children.

What excuse could the Prison Service have to do this?

Innocent until proven guilty is a utopian myth.

They may have been lynched if they'd have gone. It was a very harrowing scene, brought a tear to my eye.

The Prison Service stopped the parents of the children attending the funeral of their children.

What excuse could the Prison Service have to do this?

Innocent until proven guilty is a utopian myth.

I can't see the point of doing something like that. That seems unecessarily cruel on the face of it.

Even if one or both of the parents set the fire for whatever reason, intending to cause the deaths of their children could not possibly have been one of them. There's no evidence that they were normally neglectful or abusive parents, who wanted to kill their kids, is there?

Unless the authorities think that their presence might provoke violent disorder?

I can't see the point of doing something like that. That seems unecessarily cruel on the face of it.

Even if one or both of the parents set the fire for whatever reason, intending to cause the deaths of their children could not possibly have been one of them. There's no evidence that they were normally neglectful or abusive parents, who wanted to kill their kids, is there?

Unless the authorities think that their presence might provoke violent disorder?

i think your last comment is the likely reason.

Archived